Cant get enough!

Oh, well, when I need my duck fix, I go out and stand and talk to them. Actually, talk with them, because they talk back.

I'd like to sneak up and observe them, but apparently, you can't sneak up on a duck.

I am right there with you!! I love them, I just LOVE watching them, listening to them, just sitting with them!! TOO much sweet duckiness!
love.gif

Okay, so I'm 23, a man, and generally pretty cynical.

Couple of years back my family got some ducks. They already had two chickens and decided to get a couple of ducks to go too, as a local friend offered them to us and they thought it would be the same as looking after chickens.

The rest of my family went mad with the endless poo and wet ground and loud quacking. Personally I can not spend enough time outside watching them chatter away to each other. We now have 4 ducks who all follow each other round the garden. A day spent outside watching them waddle round the garden is a pretty darn good day.

Yup, when the going gets tough, I head out to the duck pen. I have a little spot where I sit and visit with the runners. They greet me warmly, and then go about their duckie business. Vier and Zwei and Elf come over for hugs. Some like Haagen Daz. I like huggin' ducks.

hide.gif

lol! I really cant get enough. I first got eight, and that wasnt enough. Then I am about to get six ducklings, and figured out that wasnt going to be enough either so then I ordered six eggs. I still dont think that enough, but mom says "thats enough ducks! No more ducks or duck eggs buying for five years" but...... She never said I couldnt hatch their eggs. Lol. I still want cayugas, blue sweedish, runners, buff, more anconas, and golden 300 hybrids. When I move out and take all my ducks with me I will have a duck rescue home, where ducks that need homes come in and then get adopted out, or kepted. And then if I still have the love for ducks I have now (which im pretty sure I will) I will start a small hatchery. But I like the rescue idea better. Do you all think im crazy! Even if you do I sont care I will still try. And I am not jokeing either.

Back
Top Bottom