Can't get the country out of me.

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by hoosiergal, Mar 17, 2009.

1. hoosiergal

hoosiergal Out Of The Brooder

Oct 14, 2008
    indiana
    March 2009 News

After christmas I decided to sell off all my chickens and turkeys.[​IMG] Since surgery I have trouble with breathing and walking a good distance was hard on me. My husband helped but after all it is my hobby. This is march and I can not stand to eat those store bought eggs, I miss the crowing of the rooster and gathering the eggs and watching the chickens out in the barnyard and the cackling of the hens. So I now have 15 baby chicks and 2 adult layers to start again.

I just could not get the country out of me though I tried.[​IMG]

2. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    I have fibromyalgia and sometimes my chickens are one of the few things to bring me pleasure,welcome back and i hope you feel better! [​IMG] Micah

3. Judy

Judy Moderator Staff Member

Feb 5, 2009
    South Georgia
    Good for you. I am in much the same situation, but also value the chickens in my life.

Cheers!

4. hoosiergal

hoosiergal Out Of The Brooder

Oct 14, 2008
    indiana
    thanks guys, sometimes it is amazing what so little it is in life that gives great pleasure.

hoosiergal:lol:

5. hoosier

hoosier Chillin' With My Peeps

I am glad you decided to try again.
    I'm sure you will really enjoy them and they aren't too much trouble. I bet your husband won't mind if he has to help out seeing how much pleasure they bring - not to mention better tasting eggs!

6. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    I agree even I want a home out in the country!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by