cant help but post......I am so excited!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Tanichca, Jan 19, 2010.

1. Tanichca

Tanichca Sparkle Magnet

May 6, 2009
    Vail, Arizona
    I FINALLY got Mom and Dad to allow me to buy babies from mypetchicken.com.......... the catch is I cant get them until the weather gets above 70 degrees, which for us is February. DANG!!!!!! I DONT THINK I'LL SURVIVE THAT LONG!!!!!!! Anyone have any ideas of how I survive for a month? I am going mad here...[​IMG]

2. Princess Amri

Princess Amri Is Mostly Harmless

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    Do the math for how many seconds are in January to start. You'll be okay. Just NO NAIL BITING!!!

3. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    At least that gives you time to get everything set up properly for their arrival. Just imagine you are incubating the eggs yourself- That would still take 21 days-
    While I wait for my ducks to hatch each time I put eggs into the Incubator I look at site that show the developement each day. Just so I know what my babies would really look like. Use your time now to get ahead on a few other things- You will be spending a lot of time watching them - I bet- once they do arrive.

4. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Can't you give my pet chicken the week that you want to have them sent.

I know that in Vail you are at 3000 feet.

I have some good friends that live in St David.

I love it down there.

5. SunnyDawn

SunnyDawn Sun Lovin' Lizard

Sep 12, 2009
    Nor Cal
    I wish I were getting my babies in February! I have to wait until April for mine to get here!!! I'm soooo excited about them and April is soooo far away! [​IMG]

6. geebs

geebs Lovin' the Lowriders!

Sep 28, 2008
    okay... this gives you time to get a calendar set up and journal etc.... I am excited for you too!!! [​IMG]

7. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Just hold on for a little while, February will be here before you know it! [​IMG] Have fun! [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Imagine if you were waiting till days hit 70 around here... You'd not have chicks till July, and the window would be gone by august! LOL

Gives you time to prep and figure out what chicks you want for sure!

9. Southernbelle

Southernbelle Gone Broody

Mar 17, 2008
    Virginia
    Order now. Anytime you order from a hatchery, depending on what you want, it may take months for them to have your order ready. I'd hate for you to wait and order in Feb only to have to wait until May for your babies to ship!

What are you going to order?

10. Tanichca

Tanichca Sparkle Magnet

May 6, 2009
    Vail, Arizona
    I am ordering "assorted brown egg layers"....cant wait to see what i get! And mypetchicken.com wont let me order till february first, as they are trying to restock. But other than food, I have everything I need. A fifty gallon horse trough, two heaters (not the kind that blow air around but the kind that just radiate heat...with one one, you can get above one hundred degrees in the 4 foot wide by 4 long by 7 foot high insulted shed I am putting them in)
    But I am thankful it doesn't get hot 'till July..... around here its about 90 degrees in the shade by then!
    What is the best bedding for the bottom of the trough? I might use hay over some newspaper, but should i use pine shavings? And can you use an ice cube tray as a chick feeder?
    how many seconds till february? 60x60x24x11=.........950,400 seconds.....and that took not even 5 of them up because I have a calculator.
    The minimum for chicks is 5 for where I live. Seems awful small, but I don't think Mom would let me get the 6,000,000 i would really like. *sigh*
    Well, guess I have to wait.....for around 950,200 seconds left to me.....[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by