Can't identify these bantam breed from TSC

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Compost King, May 25, 2019.

1. Compost King

Compost King Crowing

Apr 19, 2018
    North Carolina
    0.jpeg 0-1.jpeg 0-2.jpeg 0-3.jpeg
    These are from the TSC Assorted Bantam Bin. 12 weeks old, they are the smallest (slowest growing) Batams from the large batch I purchased. I can figure out all the other Bantams I have from that batch. All the other bantams are already in the Bantam Pen but these guys can still go right through the fence. despite being small They are very thick and meaty. sometimes they seem rumpless but the closer I look they just have a small Rump. When cornered they go into a chaotic spin motion until they have stopped spinning in a direction they want to run in to evade me even though I am just walking past them. Probably my favorite of the chicks to to watch run around because they are so full of energy.

bantamsrmyfav likes this.
  2. oldhenlikesdogs

oldhenlikesdogs Puppy Dreaming

Jul 16, 2015
    central Wisconsin
    They look like bantam Rhode island red roosters.

bantamsrmyfav and AltonaAcres like this.
  3. Compost King

Compost King Crowing

Apr 19, 2018
    North Carolina
    sweet, that's about the best breed to have in a bantam, eat very little and still lay a decent sized egg and should be good layers. Cross them with my Columbia and Delaware patterned LF and I will produce Sex links with enough egg size to be happy and a feed bill that won't break the bank.

bantamsrmyfav likes this.
  4. Gray Farms

Gray Farms Conserve Heritage Breed Livestock

Apr 11, 2016
    NW Missouri
    Rhode Island Red

bantamsrmyfav and Compost King like this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: