can't post pics

Discussion in 'Website Announcements, Feedback, Issues, & Guides' started by 3forfree, Jan 9, 2012.

1. 3forfree

3forfree Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2010
    essexville, michigan
    I have uploaded pics, but am unable to insert them into my page I have followed the directions in the FAQ'S, and only get text for the url. HELP PlEASE

2. AZBootsie

AZBootsie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2010
    Congress, AZ
    My Coop
    They only show up as urls until you hit post.

If that doesn't help, maybe it has something to do with the new forum tomorrow??

3. Lothiriel

Lothiriel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Aug 30, 2007
    New York State
    My Coop
    Try this...
    Have your page open for editing in one tab and your uploads open in another tab, and open the Insert Image thing...
    [​IMG]

On your image, ONLY copy the URL, don't include the tags. The easiest way to do it is to left click on the image and copy the URL from the address bar on your browser.
    [​IMG]

Paste it into the URL space, add a description and title, and then hit submit.
    [​IMG]

Hope this helps you get it worked out! [​IMG]

4. 3forfree

3forfree Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2010
    essexville, michigan
    I did post some pics to the forum, but can't post to my page, it shows up on my page just like it does in a post but after hitting post changes at the bottom of the page only text shows on my page.

5. Egghead_Jr

Egghead_Jr Overrun With Chickens

Oct 16, 2010
    NEK, VT
    The forum will be down most of today switching to new format/platform. In the new forum posting pictures should be more user friendly. So relax and wait for the upgrade, may be ready tonight. I'm just here browsing over morning coffee, almost didn't expect BYC to be up an running.

6. dewey

dewey Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2010
    north of eternity
    Last I read I think it said zero hour is about 6:30am pacific.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by