Can't post pictures from phone :(

Discussion in 'Website Announcements, Feedback, Issues, & Guides' started by howfunkyisurchicken, Jan 20, 2014.

1. howfunkyisurchicken

howfunkyisurchicken Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn
    I have a Nokia Lumina. I haven't had it long, but I absolutely can not get it to post pictures. On my Android, I simply clicked the picture icon and then chose a picture from my phones gallery. Now, when I get to the page to embed the photo it doesn't give me the option to choose a picture, just to enter a URL. So, I uploaded the picture to Photobucket and copied the image URL. No picture. Once I got a pic saying "sorry, this image has been temporarily moved or deleted" and another time a pic with the URL letters and numbers showed up.

Am I just doing something wrong here? I even tried using the desktop version of the website and the full version editor gave me the option to embed a picture, but I couldn't click it.

I hope all of that makes sense. I want to be able to share my chickens with everyone again [​IMG]

Thanks in advance [​IMG]

2. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

I'm not sure if the operating system on the Nokia Lumina is supported for uploading pics, but I'll put in the request to our tech team!

3. howfunkyisurchicken

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn
    I believe I have figured it out, but its definitely not as easy as it was on my Android phone!

4. stephen k

stephen k Out Of The Brooder

Dec 21, 2013
    Ireland
    I hav an iPhone an it doesn't work either

5. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

You'll need iOS 6 or above for image uploading to work.

6. wlightning3

wlightning3 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 14, 2014
    I can't even post from my droid phone or tablet. Guess I'll just look for info if it exists when I have issues. I'm new and cannot even introduce myself to the groups only comment on others posts. Pretty useless as it is. Just hope my chickadees do good and maybe I won't need to ask questions. :)

7. foxvalleyfarm

foxvalleyfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2014
    North Carolina
    It worked on my old phone but my Galaxy S-3 won't do it.

8. howfunkyisurchicken

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn
    I've figured out that I can post pictures from my Nokia Lumina, cutting and pasting from photo bucket, but its no easy task!

9. foxvalleyfarm

foxvalleyfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2014
    North Carolina

That's what I have to do and it sucks and sometimes photobucket won't upload

10. hautechics

hautechics Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2013
    Memphis TN
    I've had no problem uploading pictures until now! The last few days I go through the steps all the way to embedding photo and it just doesn't add the photo, I have an iPhone 4. It really stinks because I'm trying to get advice on sexing a chick!:(

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by