Can't remember the last time I posted pics!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Mikanik, Sep 25, 2011.

1. Mikanik

Mikanik Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2011
    Just barely made our duck-duck-goose yard. Almost done!! [​IMG] Here's a few pics of our birds and their new yard! BTW....those that read the topic about our Rouen, Pickles, who played the role of our English Mastiff's chew toy...she's doing great and loving the new "safe zone"! [​IMG] This entire fence cost us $12! We used only recycled/re-purposed materials for the entire yard.

We still have to add some pea gravel, bricks, and a few other little things here and there, but we're close to being done!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Happy, Olive, & Pickles gracing me with the gift of a picture and their presence...
    [​IMG]

2. scubagirlwonder

scubagirlwonder Out Of The Brooder

Jul 19, 2011
    Sammamish, WA
    Glad to hear Pickles is doing so well! Your duck, duck, goose yard looks nice! Going to be wonderful when you get the pea gravel in, so you don't have a big, muddy mess!

3. manybirds

manybirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 4, 2011
    pretty goose

4. StevenW.

StevenW. Lovin' My Quackers!

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois
    Beautiful Birds! [​IMG]

5. bayyjayy

bayyjayy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2011
    Utah
    I absolutely love looking at pictures....of animals and yards and pens. Thanks so much for sharing. It looks great. Your birds are adorable. I can't wait to get my geese in the spring, and looking at yours got me all tickled!

6. DUCKGIRL89

DUCKGIRL89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    Quote:[​IMG]

7. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Quote:wonderful to hear Pickles is doing great. and love the pics of the yard and that goose looks awful familiar, I have a gander who looks just like her.

8. Mikanik

Mikanik Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2011
    Thanks for all the comments and compliments on the yards and our feather-babies! [​IMG] I know it may not be the prettiest, but it gets the job done! LOL We try to only use materials we can re-purpose whenever possible when we do anything to our house and yard. Our little part of being "green", I guess! We have a 100 y/o house and we wanted it to look like it's been there for awhile. Our neighbors appreciate the fact that they aren't nesting on our deck that's right by their bedroom window. Happy, the goose, tends to like to do a ritual midnight "song" as well as a "WAKE UP!" little ditty as well.

BayyJayy...We got our goose on accident! We got our ducks first and then did research (dumb..I know!) and learned ALOT and FAST! We learned about Pekins and decided we would add one more to our mini-flock. Went back to the store and they'd just gotten Pekins in...unfortunately ( or lucky for us) the employees working that shift weren't all that versed in the difference between ducklings and goslings. We were sold a little gosling as a Pekin duckling! LOL We did more research and immediately found out our new duckling wasn't one at all, but the more we read about geese the more we wanted one! So we returned that gosling....it wasn't the breed we wanted.....and finally ended up with our Happy! She was a little bit of a ......brat...at first, when the dogs and the birds shared a yard, but now that they have their own enclosure she's become so much more affectionate and will even walk/waddle right up to us and "ask" for a little scratch under her wings. [​IMG] I highly recommend everyone get a goose or two! You'll LOVE it! She pays no attention that we don't have another goose and just thinks of herself as one of the gang!

Miss Lydia....Then, not to brag...you must have one fine looking gander! [​IMG] I'm know I'm biased, but I think she's just beautiful.

9. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Quote:yes she is gerogeous!! and he is an only goose too ,but shares his life with 10 Muscovies. was actually hatched by one. [​IMG]

10. bayyjayy

bayyjayy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2011
    Utah
    That is funny that you went to get ducks and ended up with a goose. What kind was it...and this one that you have....Embden? I am still learning my breeds. How did you figure out which one you wanted and why?

That is so lucky that you had that "mistake" happen. How fun!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by