can't sell my chickens, ducks, guineas to save my life. GAH!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by wjallen05, Aug 17, 2010.

1. wjallen05

wjallen05 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2008
    North Georgia
    We are moving from 70 acres to 4 (all wooded) acres. I must downsize my animals. I am trying to sell my (5) Guineas ($5 each), 3 ducks ($10 each) some laying hens ($10 each) and 3 month pullets ($5 each) and NO ONE is interested in ANY OF THEM! I REALLY need them gone ASAP. Am I asking too much?!?! I have never been to a sale and would like to keep it that away, but I'm afraid I am going to have to resort to that. Blah. I also have decided to sell my show quality bearded Splash Silkie hen *cries* but I can't sell her either. Any suggestions on where to list?? I have them on Craigslist and the Market Bulletin takes a month to publish!

2. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    Sounds like fair pricing to me and our area. People don't have money. I suggest try bartering on cl. Good Luck!

Micah

3. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

Also put them on the auctions here on BYC... but be willing to negotiate if you're having a hard time placing them...

4. wjallen05

wjallen05 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2008
    North Georgia
    I'd be willing to sell them cheaper if someone were to take most or all. I just want to atleast get back what I paid for them... as DAY OLDS.

I can't list them on here, it says I have to upgrade my membership (?)

5. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    You can try www.localsalesnetwork.com

It's free and fairly simple. Most of the ads are from TN & KY, but there are occasional ones from N GA. I haven't had much luck either lately-all girls and nothing is selling! How am I suppsed to start fall hatching? The public is not helping my addiction in the least!

6. mercedes

mercedes Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2010
    TX
    Seriously?OMG,you are GIVING them away.In my area,I have not been able to find any pullets or young laying hens at all this year or last.I bought day old chicks this year because I could not bear being chickenless any longer:hit.I wish you lived closer,I would take them all before you changed your mind about the price.Well maybe not the guineas.[​IMG]

7. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    Have you tried Craigslist? Posting in vet offices, feed stores, etc.?

8. michickenwrangler

michickenwrangler To Finish Is To Win

Jun 8, 2008
    NE Michigan
    Try www.bestfarmbuys.com

People probably figure that when you get REALLY desperate you'll give them away.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by