can't stand irresponsible pet owners!!

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by BarefootMom, Jul 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BarefootMom

BarefootMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2010
    Half Way, Missouri

Last edited: Jul 26, 2011
  2. ChooksinChoppers

ChooksinChoppers Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2011
    Ocala, Florida.
    Take them to animal control and tell them what happened. Plus they are neglected so I doubt the owners will get them back.

3. krcote

krcote Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2008
    Concord, NH
    You need to call your local police department or animal control officer.

4. BarefootMom

BarefootMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2010
    Half Way, Missouri

Last edited: Jul 26, 2011
  5. leadwolf1

leadwolf1 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2011
    I know about living in the boonies but even the boonies usually have an animal control officer or some kind of animal shelter. A local vet might be able to give you the proper people to call.

6. ChooksinChoppers

ChooksinChoppers Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2011
    Ocala, Florida.
    Quote:So just keep em tied/locked up till hubby gets home with the gun.

7. SallyF

SallyF Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2009
    Middle Tennessee
    Quote:My county doesn't. The sheriff's department only deals with animals if they're dangerous and then they just shoot them. We don't even have a vet in the county. I guess some boonies are "boonier" than others!

8. mysweetgypsy

mysweetgypsy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2011
    If there is no "law" to help deal with the situation. Take pictures of the dead cat and whatever other damages were done, then shoot the dogs. You'll have proof of the destruction and most places will consider that protecting your property and livestock. If you can't bring yourself to do that, (I know I couldn't!!) take them to the nearest shelter, even if it's an hour away. It's likely the neighbors won't go get them.

9. ozark_chickies

ozark_chickies Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2011
    Arkansas
    Quote:I know what you are going through. My neighbors don't keep thier dogs up either, and seem to think dogs have the right to do as they please. We do have a shelter in the county, but is is always full, and they do not enforce the county leash laws outside of city limits.

10. leadwolf1

leadwolf1 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2011
    Quote:My county doesn't. The sheriff's department only deals with animals if they're dangerous and then they just shoot them. We don't even have a vet in the county. I guess some boonies are "boonier" than others!

We have to travel an hour to get to the nearest shelter and the dog warden is 4 hours away....good luck with the dog problem, it sure is a tough problem to deal with.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by