Can't stand up, droopy right wing, air bubble just above wing joint.

Cacklin'hen

In the Brooder
9 Years
Aug 15, 2010
Steamboat Springs, Co.
several days ago one of my 15 mo. old RIR hens just started making a huge ruckus all of the sudden. As i was near by i ran over to see what was up. she came running out of the coop all wobbly, flopped over kicking and screaming, and then couldn't get up. I looked her over pretty good and couldn't find and wounds or injuries. I isolated her and she just lay there for the first day. inoticed a little blood on the floor but again couldn't find a wound. her eyes were glazed and not responsive, ie. wouldn't follow my finger or a light. I made her a sling to sit in and on day three she started eating/drinking and her eyes brightened. it's been a week now and have seen some improvement but she still cant stand. her right wing is drooping and when i gave her a bath today i noticed a smallish air bubble under the skin between the back bone and the shoulder joint. also there is a slight popping when the wing is rotated. i do have a rooster. her legs seem fine and are strong. if i stand her up she falls over backwards. if nothing else i will just let time tell. any ideas?

:(She past on to the grain field in the sky yesterday:(
idunno.gif

I wonder if she had some kind of separation of lung tissues that caused air to enter the body cavity? I don't know....

Back
Top Bottom