Can't try out my DIY bator until we're back from holiday vacations!!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by idispatch4911, Nov 4, 2011.

1. idispatch4911

idispatch4911 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2011
    Southern Utah
    I'm so sad and have chickens and hatching on the brain! Hubby and I talked it over and he won't let me attempt to hatch any eggs in my new DIY incubator (I just got the temps stable) until we're back from 2 vacations - in MID DECEMBER!!!! He's right though. I wouldn't be home to turn the eggies, etc. I told him if I start NOW, I can have new hatchlings but then no one would want to watch new chickies while we're away for Thanksgiving......ARG!

And I'm so bummed. I keep checking the "eggs for sale" board and I just want to get things moving along. We only have 2 hens!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Just had to vent!

2. debs_flock

debs_flock Overrun With Chickens

Sep 14, 2011
    Shingle Springs, CA
    Tell me about it. I'm on vacation right now in San Jose del Cabo, Mexico. I have my laptop with me and have spent days reading threads on hatching and looking at which incubator I want to buy. I'm placing the order in the next couple of days so it will be there when I get home.

Then I STILL can't use it! Thirteen days later we're leaving on another two week trip.

I'll be home on Dec 7th, I can stabilize the incubator and join in on the NYD hatch [​IMG]

I haven't incubated eggs in about 15 years. My (new) husband has never witnessed it. I can't wait!

Deb

3. idispatch4911

idispatch4911 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2011
    Southern Utah
    Congrats on being a newlywed! I won't be able to set any eggs until around December 12th. I will be a little late with the NYD hatch, but I can't wait!

4. debs_flock

debs_flock Overrun With Chickens

Sep 14, 2011
    Shingle Springs, CA
    Well, it's been 18 mos, but thanks! [​IMG]

Deb

And you'll only be two days behind, maybe you'll have an early hatch!

Last edited: Nov 4, 2011
  5. Hot2Pot

Hot2Pot Fox Hollow Rabbitry

Feb 1, 2010
    West TN
    Just pack up your Bator, send it to me and l will test it for you free of charge!:-D

6. Hot2Pot

Hot2Pot Fox Hollow Rabbitry

Feb 1, 2010
    West TN
    Sorry, double post.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2011
  7. babigyrl22

babigyrl22 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2011
    Caledonia
    Quote:[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by