Cant upload profile pic

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by phasianidae, Apr 2, 2011.

1. phasianidae

phasianidae Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2010
    I have gone though the correct procedure but every time I click the upload icon it takes several seconds and then goes to a white screen.

2. Coopa Cabana

Coopa Cabana My Coop Runneth Over . . .

Aug 30, 2009
    Colorado
    My Coop
    I'm not very tech-savvy, so hopefully someone else will still jump in here and help. Do you have any problems loading pics into the regular BYC Upload area? The biggest thing that comes to mind that may be the problem is making sure that you downsize the pic for your avatar to a max of 100 x 100 pixels.

3. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Here are a few questions that will help us find, duplicate, and hopefully resolve the problem:

• Is this a picture from a cell phone, camera, etc?
    • Have you tried to upload other pictures from other sources as a test?
    • What exactly did you do before / after the problem happened?
    • Which browser and version are you using (eg., Firefox 3.5.9, Internet Explorer 7, etc.)

4. phasianidae

phasianidae Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2010
    I have no problems when uploading other pics on this forum, just profile pics. They are from a camera that I have uploaded profile pics from in the past. I started to have problem a couple months ago but after my profile pic was changed by someone else as a joke I havent been able to upload a new one. I am using Google Chrome. thanks.

5. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by