Can't wait for my chickens to arrive in April

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by FluffyScarsdale, Nov 30, 2014.

1. FluffyScarsdale

FluffyScarsdale Out Of The Brooder

Nov 21, 2014
    Phoenix, AZ
    Hi Everyone,
    I'm Fluffy (it's a nickname) and I live in Phoenix, Arizona. Last week my husband assembled the new chicken coop, which is fantastic, I love it. It's on the side of our yard and the chickens will have the run of the backyard. At least that's the plan. We ordered three Australorp chicks but they won't arrive until April 2015. I'm sure I'll have a lot of questions as I go along. I'll take some pictures of the chicken coop tomorrow and post them.

2. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

There's a lot of good information for new chicken owners under the Learning Center tab. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Nice to have you join us. You're going to love the Australorps, they're beautiful birds and lay great eggs!

3. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC!

4. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Welcome to BYC! [​IMG]We're glad to have you. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

5. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    [​IMG] Glad you joined us!

Feel free to ask lots of questions! We're all here to help. [​IMG]

6. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

7. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us!

8. FluffyScarsdale

FluffyScarsdale Out Of The Brooder

Nov 21, 2014
    Phoenix, AZ
    Thanks for the welcome. I have my photo ready to go tonight (I even have a video) but I need to see where to post that kind of thing and read how to get around on the site. I read a post in the main forum that this site is growing so fast it's hard to keep up on the welcomes:) That's great news. Our idea get chickens for the backyard came as a result of seeing such great success with a tumbler composter and red wriggler worms. Chickens were just the perfect addition. We did pause a moment and check the HOA CC&Rs, Ahwatukee's and the city of Phoenix's rules and regulations, but since the enclosure is 80 feet away from the nearest neighbor we only have one neighbor we needed to worry about and it's no problem for her. I can't wait for the day we have eggs from our own chicken to share:)

9. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    And sharing extra eggs with a neighbor puts them even more on your side. Good for you on checking local laws before committing to chickens! It's always sad when someone gets attached and then finds out they can't legally have them. Chickens are very easy to get attached to as you will soon find out.

10. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to BYC, glad you joined the flock

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by