Can't wait to incubate!

Discussion in 'Geese' started by r4eboxer, Feb 2, 2013.

1. r4eboxer

r4eboxer Crooked Creek Poultry

Sep 20, 2011
    Fairmont
    I'm getting anxious to get my incubator going. I even dreamed about hatching and I had hundreds of birds all over a meadow following me. I kept finding new birds (not normal geese or chickens/ducks but you know how dreams go lol) I couldn't keep up with them all and found this lady staying in a room in my grandmothers house that I recruited to feed them all, only she wasn't feeding them the normal goose way she was breast feeding them. ha ha [​IMG]

Anyway I've got about another month until my Pilgrims start to lay. I think I'm going to get my bators out of the garage today and set up my station. I'm planning on starting with 8 eggs. I have an order for a trio right now and don't want to be stuck with a bunch of goslings I can't get rid of. If I was more confident in finding homes I'd fill those bators all the way up.

What is everyone else planning?

2. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Okay well I think some counseling maybe in order first... [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 2, 2013
  3. r4eboxer

Sep 20, 2011
    Fairmont
    [​IMG]yes well, aren't we all a little crazy for doing all this [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

4. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    YEP [​IMG]

5. Iain Utah

Iain Utah Overrun With Chickens

Dec 17, 2011
    I can't wait to hatch, either! I have been building breeding pens and nest boxes all week. I haven't pulled my bator out of my closet, though.....

6. r4eboxer

Sep 20, 2011
    Fairmont
    I've got my spot in my computer room all cleared out and I'm going to the garage for my bators in a little bit. Last year my family room was completely over taken by my hatching station and my racks full of seedlings I was starting for the garden. This year I figure I'd better get my stuff out of the family room. DH has been very understanding and supportive but I don't think he wants me to rearrange the furniture this year for months of hatching. [​IMG]

I know I plan on only setting 8 eggs, but I'm sure I'll do more. I already made a trade with duckgirl for some of her duck eggs for my goose eggs. So of course I'm going to have to hatch those too. Then of course I'm going to have to test the fertility of my turkey eggs. [​IMG]

Oh and we have been setting up the poultry barn for pens and putting the nest houses in for the geese. I know they are going to pitch a fit when I separate the pairs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by