1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Cape Cod chickens!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Quahog, Oct 2, 2012.

1. Quahog

Quahog Out Of The Brooder

Aug 1, 2012
    Cape Cod
    Yesterday was opening day of scallop season the hens had a blast helping my shuck my bushel! They were pulling the "eyes" out of my hand and playing football with them. They loved the pea crabs and when the bucket filled up enough they just helped themselves! I wish I had a video of the one that stole a whole shell and took off running. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

That's adorable!!

Chickens are definitely NOT vegetarians. Here is proof of that ;)

3. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Chickens=earth-bound seagulls. [​IMG]

4. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

:lau

We have so many seagulls around here, and they totally remind me of flying chickens. They harass you if you decide to eat in your car. They'll land on your hood and tilt their head in that cute way asking for a treat.

I really hated wild birds before chickens. Now I see crows and love them, where as 2 years ago I thought they were awful creatures out to get me. I also like them because they warn chickens of predatory birds.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2012
  5. Quahog

Quahog Out Of The Brooder

Aug 1, 2012
    Cape Cod
    I swear if chickens were the size of ostriches nothing on the planet would be safe! Can you imagine looking out your front window and seeing a rogue flock running down the road playing football with your neighbor! Sounds like a really cool "B" horror movie though.
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by