Cape Fear poultry show this weekend in NC

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by Gallusfarm, Dec 7, 2010.

1. Gallusfarm

Gallusfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2009
    12/11 in Smithfield NC

Anyone going? What are you showing/selling?

2. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    I was going to go, but I don't think I'll be able to.

3. Gallusfarm

Gallusfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2009
    Quote:Well that is sad [​IMG]. Was hoping to meet some BYC folks.

4. HenThymes

HenThymes pippin ain't easy

Feb 27, 2010
    Foothills of NC
    Sooo wanted to go, but the three hour drive was just a bit much at the moment. Already looking forward to next years shows though. [​IMG]

5. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    Quote:Well that is sad [​IMG]. Was hoping to meet some BYC folks.

It's about a 2 hour drive, but this close to Christmas I'm trying to save as much as I can for gifts. Last years' show was great!

6. NC Giants

NC Giants Out Of The Brooder

Nov 10, 2010
    salisbury
    Im going. Went backn january and had a good time. Nice building and it was thier first show. Bad weather kept a few people from making it last time. Its easy to get to and hope it will grow into a great show. Lots of the club members raise/show large fowl. My wife and i have entered 8 Black Jersey Giants. Most of our older birds are still in a molt. Hopeing for some good competion and decent weather on sat.

7. HenThymes

HenThymes pippin ain't easy

Feb 27, 2010
    Foothills of NC
    Quote:Hey Shane! [​IMG]

Wish we were going, would love to show our Orps ans Serama's there but just too much going on and still trying to finish all those "get done before winter" projects. [​IMG]

Hope your little Serama guy is still doing good, Lori just put her first eggs in the bator yesterday from hers and another 18 eggs from me. Should be interesting to see what she gets.

Good luck at the show! [​IMG]

8. NC Giants

NC Giants Out Of The Brooder

Nov 10, 2010
    salisbury
    Sorry yall cant make it. I called and asked if there were any seramas entered bfore i entered ours. We decided not to take them on this trip. Waiting on a trip our daughter can go on. I prihably should stay home and catch up on some chores but i think id rather go on and do one last show. Hope yallls eggs hatch well !

9. feather leg farms

feather leg farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2009
    Salisbury, NC
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Congratz Shane!!! You won Best of Show!!!!!!!!!!!!! Whooooooot Hooooooot!!!!!!!!!!! Glad to see you finally got a BYC!

-Cheyenne

I also wanted to share my results instead of creationg a new Cape fear post:
    My Bearded White Silkie Pullett won BB, BV and Reserve JR Feather Leg

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 11, 2010
  10. feather leg farms

feather leg farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2009
    Salisbury, NC
    Congrats Shane!!! I am going to insert a photo of you with your win that I took today. Hope it comes through clear!!! (Sorry, I am under Cheyenne's account, Tonya--mine is tplummer)

[​IMG] This is Shane and his big win at Smithfield on 12-11-10!!! Go Shane. This could not have gone to a nicer person!!!

Last edited: Dec 11, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by