Capsaicin

FoodKillah

Songster
9 Years
Jul 12, 2010
Mediterranean Sea
After a small research i found that capsaicin is supposed to keep chickens immune system much stronger. Capsaicin is what hot peppers have into them that makes them hot.

I have some little habanero plants (one of the hottest peppers) in little pots and i didnt know where to plant them because i dont really want habanero plants lol (then why did you order the freaking seeds online, stupid boy). I think i will plant them by the coop.

Will chickens eat raw habanero peppers? Will it hurt them?
tongue.png

Seriously, what do you think about capsaicin in chickens immune system?

I don't know about the immune system, but it is suppopsed to help with internal parasites. I don't know if that is accurate.
I think they are OK for chickens to eat.

Imp

The peppers are fine, but the leaves on the pepper plants are not. At least, that's what I've learned with respect to cage birds. Peppers, tomatoes, potatoes and eggplants are nightshades, and have toxic leaves.

:)

Plant the peppers elsewhere (the chickens will destroy the plants before they can fruit anyhow, plus I understand that ingesting the plants themselves is dangerous in any quantity) and then feed the fruits to the chickens if you are so inclined.
smile.png
Peppers can make very lovely houseplants if you can give them a lot of light!

Back
Top Bottom