Car accidents are everywhere!!!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by chickensducks&agoose, Dec 3, 2009.

1. chickensducks&agoose

chickensducks&agoose Chillin' With My Peeps

My friend just had a C.A... and I was telling my SIL about it, and 2 of her friends had C.A.s in 2 days!!! And now I see more on here... what's going on?

2. GaNewChick

GaNewChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2009
    McDonough, Ga.
    I guess it can be contributed to the Holidays ... more people on the road and too many distractions. I read in the news today about a woman who crossed the center lane, hit a couple head on and she died...they found a hamburger and french fries ~ they think she was distracted while eating ... 48 yrs old. [​IMG]

3. key west chick

key west chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    We had one a few weeks ago. Someone turned into DH. They were cited for an improper left turn. There was even a witness said he saw them turn into us. Now the other driver is saying that its our fault and they are gonna sue us. They are saying we lied, the police lied and the witness lied and they just dont understand. [​IMG]

4. deb1

deb1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2008
    NC
    I was turning right onto a busy road. It was raining and the road was slick. Seeing a line of cars coming, I hit the gas thinking that I could easily beat them. My wheels spun on something(sand? A puddle?) and I didn't go anywhere. I did not realize why I wasn't going anywhere and stupidly hit the gas a bit harder. I started to go into a spin. Thank God, the cars went around me. I almost hit a railing and would have gone into the other lane of oncoming traffic. Luckily, I got control of the car and was able to drive home.

My daughters were in the car with me and we all stayed very calm until after the incident. That was good because I am a naturally nervous driver and if my daughters had started screaming, I think that I would have panicked. As it was, I was able to remember what to do in time to keep us safe. (God must have kept us calm)

My 11 year old daughter told me that it was sort of fun getting jostled around. [​IMG]

5. lengel

lengel Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2008
    MA
    It's awful around here too. I'm also seeing a lot of cars with just one headlight which can cause problems at night as well.

6. shawnkfl

shawnkfl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2009
    christiansburg, VA
    it'a a daily occurance here. i drive around 45 minutes to work and most of the time i'm waving with one finger....i get cut off daily, i politely wave with my finger. i get stuck at GREEN lights because someone is applying makeup. i politely wave with my finger. i get behind someone driving 35mph in a 70mph fast lane. apparently talking on the phone impedes a cars ability to accelerate. i politely wave....

these people are the root cause of accidents. i mean really....is that phone call THAT important that you must jeopardize MY life? and yet, i politely wave...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by