Just a question...my mother bought a 2001 Ford Focus in 2002, the same year there was a recall due to faulty battery cable wiring. She did not recieve notice of this recall I don't believe. If she did, that is the recall where she took it to the local dealership and they 'fixed it' so now today...it caught on fire and brned up everything under the hood. The motor and battery is melted. What can she do? She did not have car insurance, they had to drop it so they could make their house payment. It caught fire in the garage and would have set the whole house on fire had it not been for Pop holding the hose on it until the fire department got there. Anyway, I doubt seriously homeowners will cover, but what about the recall? Does she have any rights to a claim? The frie department said they couldn't even tell where the fire started it melted everything so bad. I don't know how to advise her to pursue anything as I have never had this issue myself. Any ideas?