Car Related Whine

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by ChooksinChoppers, Mar 29, 2011.

1. ChooksinChoppers

ChooksinChoppers Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2011
    Ocala, Florida.
    Well kinda Chicken related as I had to get my boarder to take me to TSC yesterday as my daughters Chicks were running low on food:rolleyes: My car decided to "pee" on the parking spot I was in on Friday....now its in the "shop" waiting to get fixed. Called today to see what the holdup was and he said they have to take the "whatchamacallet" off the engine so they can even see where the water is coming from:he soooooo he says...it will cost $120 just to do that.....and lets pray its just a hose [​IMG] or something cheap. Maybe it will be ready by friday.......maybe
    and yes I bought 2 bags of chick starter [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 29, 2011
  2. Squishy

Squishy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2011
    Florida
    Gee! What a pain!
    Well if I lived anywhere near you, I would of come by and happily taken you to the feed store! [​IMG]

3. I have WHAT in my yard?

I have WHAT in my yard? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    Not a hijack but a hop on - ran over an antler in the yard and popped my tire! Try explaining that at work..... [​IMG] Yep an antler. Cars whatcha gonna do - expensive dang things.

4. ChooksinChoppers

ChooksinChoppers Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2011
    Ocala, Florida.
    Not something you want to claim on your insurance either [​IMG] I have read some really hilarious ones before. "the tree jumped out at me"
    I once saw a Gieco insurance car which the guy had driven over a 3ft concrete wall and the nose of the car was in a canal......Hmmmmmm

5. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

I hate when they have to take the whatchamacallet off. Never a cheap fix. The only thing worse is when they have to replace the thingamajig.

[​IMG]

6. Squishy

Squishy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2011
    Florida
    [​IMG]

7. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    I stayed up in Glencoe with a friend of mine during a training and got woken up really early by something that sounded like a trash can being attacked by a screaming idiot with a ball bat. It was a bull elk attacking my friends white Ford truck, that was parked next to my red Ford truck! I had to give him a ride to work and then laughed my fanny off listening to him explaining what had happened to his truck to the insurance adjuster on the phone.
    I'm hoping yours is a simple hose or coupling.

8. Teach97

Teach97 Bantam Addict

Nov 12, 2008
    Hooker, OK
    I have a broke dohickey on my car right now. Disconnected from the trunk hootis and everything works now...well...it is servicable anyways.

9. Dunkopf

Dunkopf Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2010
    Kiowa, Colorado
    Glad I'm a decent mechanic. The watchamacalit was probably just the engine cover that takes about 5 minutes to take off. It's standard to charge at least 1 hour to find what's wrong. If it actually takes an hour they charge 2 hours. If I can't diagnose a problem I take it to a place down the road and pay them 75.00 to tell me what needs replacing. After that it's just a matter of turning a few nuts. May take a couple days but I hate paying labor.

Cars are expensive no matter what. If They're old they have to be fixed all the time. If they're new they cost an arm and a leg to buy, register and insure.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by