Car Scam

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Pinky, Apr 4, 2011.

1. Pinky

Pinky Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2008
    South GA
    My mom was scammed by a seller on craigslist. Anyone looking for a car on there be careful. Don't buy anything from anyone with this email: [email protected].
    I wish my mom would have let me see the emails she sent this person before she did anything. I would have told her it was a scam. I googled this email and the person has other listings on different websites too.

2. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    So sorry to hear what happened to your mother. Did she send them $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ ?

3. Pinky

Pinky Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2008
    South GA
    Unfortunately yes. $18,000 for nothing. I told her don't buy anything else off the internet unless you know the person. If my mom would have told me the person wouldn't give her their phone # I could have told her right then it was a scam, as well as transferring money through western union. Looking at their emails, there are all kinds of spelling errors from what was suppose to be ebay motors. She called the MI police and they said "Na,ah, we don't call no one!" when she told them Western Union said they could give the police the info if they would call them. [​IMG]

4. welasharon

welasharon Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2010
    North Florida
    I am so sorry. You need to show your mom some of the common scams online. I don't know how old she is or how much she uses the internet but some older people don't realize the warning signs. Bad spelling, bad grammar, no phone numbers etc...
    sharon

5. Rammy

Rammy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2008
    It says right on CL not to send money to anyone and gives scam warning or how to avoid scams. Is there any way she can get the money back? Always deal with locals and go to thier house or meet them somewhere to make sure your getting what you paid for. The only time I send money over the net is if Im buying from Amazon. I sure hope your Mom can recover the money somehow.

Rammy

6. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    That's awful!

7. Squishy

Squishy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2011
    Florida
    Well.. heres what you need to do... Call an attorney! Call right away! They will, or YOU have them, hire a Private investigator. You give them all the info you have and let them go to work. It may take a while, but they just might find the guy and be able to get your moms money back. 18,000 is way too much to loose and well worth the wait and effort.

8. I have WHAT in my yard?

I have WHAT in my yard? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    There are several movements among congress and the attorney general's office to stop alot of scamming by working with western union about their rules and regs. Western union is fighting it as they make money on these scams too. Contact yur state's attorney general's office. The problem sis too many people are too embarrassed to speak up and prosecute.

9. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    OOh man! That makes me so sick.... i'm so sorry that happend to her! [​IMG]
    *sigh* And this is why i hate people....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by