Cards

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Fierlin1182, Dec 14, 2011.

1. Fierlin1182

Fierlin1182 powered-flight

Aug 26, 2011
    What do you put on cards for Christmas/birthdays/other?
    I'm always trying to write too much. [​IMG]
    I try to personalise things because a simple "Have a good holidays" for everyone seems a little bland. [​IMG]

I like some of the messages on those fancy cards you can get.
    I saw one today that said,

How many friends does it take to make
    you feel like the luckiest person on earth?

One.

2. guinea fowl galore

guinea fowl galore Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2009
    Australia
    I don't give cards. But only because I hate getting them. I don't like having clutter all around me and when people give me cards for Christmas or my birthday then I feel I need to keep them out of respect. So then I end up with bags of cards in the back of my cupboard taking up room. It makes me cringe when I get cards for those two occasions. I also dislike it because I feel the people and I don't actually want to write the cards but you feel obligated to.
    So now I don't. It saves my time & worry and their storage space.
    I absolutely love giving and getting cards randomly though, they do it on their own accord and it shows how much they really care.

3. Starlight 451

Starlight 451 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 28, 2011
    I sometimes give out cards just for the sake of sending a nice surprise. I try to tailor the message to suit whoever it is I'm sending to so it is always different! [​IMG]
    guinea fowl galore, I have got some very very old cards from the time I was <10... recently went through and cleared them all out only kept the special ones from close friends, or which had something custom written inside them.

4. Mattemma

Mattemma Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    I write a bit about recent events in the family, and pop in a gift card for gas,food,and pizza. My dd makes the most awesome cards. She is into anime and her drawings are wonderful. Everyone loves getting her cards. I don't usually keep store bought cards,but I will keep my dd's cards.

5. Fierlin1182

Fierlin1182 powered-flight

Aug 26, 2011
    I think I might send one to an old friend I haven't talked to in a while.

Got some freebie friendship bracelets from a magazine too, so might throw one of those in .They're pretty cute. [​IMG]

6. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Id rather have e-cards!

I enjoy getting Christmas cards but after awhile, it gets old. The only thing I will keep are my grandparents or older people that has long gone that were important in my earlier years and every Christmas cards I get from my parents to my dd...I woudl keep them in her Memories box.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by