1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

careers inbetween chicken life?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Kerr, Jun 21, 2007.

1. Kerr

Kerr Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2007
    ontario
    Morning,
    Just wondering what everyone does in their spare
    time when not hanging with the peeps? [​IMG]

My DH is a contractor and I'm a police dispatcher
    (and 911 call taker)
    thus...the weird times when I am logged on

[​IMG]

Just curious from what walks of life we are all from
    My entire platoon is animals lovers and curious if theres a pattern

Ker

2. 4H kids and mom

4H kids and mom Cooped Up

Mar 10, 2007
    Southern Wisconsin
    I am a day care provider (in my home) so I am always here to keep an eye on things. [​IMG] My DH works for the local feed store as a driver. Yea, I love telling him that he owes his job to our chickens! lol [​IMG]

We have always been animal lovers, and always had a bunch of them. Once we moved out in to the country, it seemed like the next logical move was livestock or poultry! lol

3. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

My DH is retired Air Force, but works in a mold factory. He has the easy job, tool room! LOL I stay at home with the kids( chickens) due to health reasons. Our grandson that lives close comes by to help me in the coops. He told me....cleaning the nest boxes and coop is HIS job. He is 6, this phase wont last long, LOL

4. okiechick57

okiechick57 Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] I am a stay at home chicken mom/grandmother.......my hubby is currently off work from injuries suffered when pinned by 2 big old bulls......his second injury in 4 years....his whole life spent as rodeo cowboy/bronc rider/team roper.........beat himself up to the point of no return now [​IMG] so my chickens/horse/dogs/rabbit have full time caretakers....I do landscaping/yard work on the side if I have time. I have spent the last 4 yrs clearing and improving my own 5 acres. I hope to never have to go back into the "outside" work force.but nowadays it sure is hard making it on one persons income.............my chickens are my therapy !

5. Mac in Wisco

Mac in Wisco Antagonist

May 25, 2007
    SW Wisconsin
    I'm a C-130 Flight Engineer with the US Air Force, currently deployed to Southwest Asia. My wife is a retired AF supply troop and now works civil service in a supply squadron.

6. bantymum

bantymum Chillin' With My Peeps

I am a very well known movie star and I keep my chickens in their own trailer!!!!

7. bantymum

Sorry, couldnt resist, in my dreams!!!!lol

8. Kerr

Kerr Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2007
    ontario
    hahahahahah BANTYMUM u rock [​IMG]

wow
    we have x 3 Air Force
    Rodeo Cowboy
    Truck Driver
    X 3 Domestic Engineers

me

and now a movie star with chickens....
    do your chickens wash their feathers in bottled water too? [​IMG]

kerri

9. bantymum

No My chickens have their own stylist,
    she was "Paris's stylist but she now has some free time to see other clients! ouchiwawa

10. Heidi

Heidi Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2007
    Northwest Michigan
    I am a deputy clerk for our township - I run elections which I'm looking forward to 2008 - NOT!!!! I'm also a mother to two boys 12 & 15, plus my chickens - what a stress reliever.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by