Careful with your belongings everyone. Theft.

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by mylittlechickpea, Nov 23, 2011.

1. mylittlechickpea

mylittlechickpea Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2010
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    I went to school last week (Thursday), It ride my bike to the bus stop because "It's so far", like a mile, but still... I locked my bike up in the same place I always do on the sidewalk at the bike rack. When I came outside it was gone. They took the lock and everything. [​IMG]

I filed a report with the police, and all he can tell me was he was sorry and that there had been quite a few bikes stolen over the week preceeding my theft, and he thinks the same men may be responsible for all.

My husband and I have initiated a claim with visa.com to try and get our money back, the bike was brand new. I had it for 62 days.

If you ride a bike to work or school, ask if they have space inside the parking garage or possibly even in the building to park your bike. Even if you think you're being safe by locking it, the thieves have tools.

We went back to the store to look at the chain package to see if there was any kind of warranty, and there wasn't. But we had a little laugh at the back of the package. I guess my cable chain was only a "Theft Deterrent". I forgot, locks only keep away the honest people.

So just be careful with your things, especially now around the holidays.

My in-laws sent me money for that bike, and now it's probably being traded for drugs [​IMG]

Edited because I can't type this morning [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 23, 2011
  2. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

That's too bad, Hopefully you can get it back. Unlikely I know. Keep an eye on craig'slist.

Imp

3. cassie

cassie Overrun With Chickens

Mar 19, 2009
    Quote:X2. A woman whose laptop was stolen at an airport found it on Craigslist. Just keep an eye out.

4. mylittlechickpea

mylittlechickpea Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2010
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    I've been religiously checking Craigslist for the past week. To no avail, only to see THREE more bike have been taken from the same are since mine was taken.

I have all the info on my bike: serial number, sales receipt, bike registration. So hopefully if someone does try to buy it they would check with the bicycle registration office before handing money to this guy...

This is the second bike to be taken, the first was snatched right out of my front yard! That one wasn't registered since I was unaware of the laws here. Fortunately that one was not really valuable, just frustrating. I had brought it with me from New York where it was purchased for $10 at a thrift shop.

But if this is the same people taking, then hopefully one time they'll make a wrong move.

My husband says we should take his bike out there, and wait in the car for these guys to show up [​IMG]

Edited because I can't type..

Last edited: Nov 23, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by