Cargill/Nutrena Recall

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by ruffles, Dec 21, 2011.

1. ruffles

ruffles Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2009
    Please go to their site, I received the recall info this morning

Three Nutrena brands are being recalled, Chick Starter, I think grower and Corn
    all come from a plant in Louisiana.

Sandi aka Ruffles

2. jomoncon

jomoncon Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2010
    New Orleans, LA
  3. Avonlea22

Avonlea22 Jessamine Cottage

Aug 27, 2011
    Thanks for the link.

Everyone note that this includes the Dumor Brand, but was only distributed in southern Arkansas, Louisiana, southern Mississippi and eastern Texas.

I'm going to check mine anyways, as I just bought a new bag a few days ago.

4. Moonkit

Moonkit Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2011
    Richardson, Texas
    So.. what if one already fed the product to their poultry? Do we need to worry about adverse health effects?

5. VelvettFog

VelvettFog Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2011
    Yakima, WA
    Quote:Follow the above link and read what it says [​IMG]

"Aflatoxin is a naturally occurring mold by-product. Animals that have consumed any of the above recalled products and are experiencing adverse health effects should be seen by a veterinarian."

6. twentynine

twentynine Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2009
    Shucks I am in SE La. I have the Producers Pride Cracked Corn and the Dumor Chick Grower 20%--- but I don't have the bags.

Nobody sick. Nobody even looks sick.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2011
  7. Stacykins

Stacykins Overrun With Chickens

Jan 19, 2011
    Escanaba, MI
    Whew, the nutrena product I am feeding isn't on the list. But it is still worrying. I mean, I don't save the bags. I dump two, 50lb bags into the metal bin I store feed in, and throw them out. I feed Country Feeds[​IMG] All Flock by nutrena, btw. Aflatoxin is nothing to mess around with.

8. maggiec1951

maggiec1951 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 30, 2011
    west central florida
    After the cat/dog food recall a few years ago I have taken to cutting the part of the label with the upc code and manufacturers info and taping it to the container I keep feed in cuz none of it stays in original bags. Usually get the same kind of food for each: cat, parakeets and chickens, but occasionally will try something different and I like to be sure. Chicken feed is outside so I tape it to the inside of the lid, then when there is a recall, I know what I've got. It only takes a few seconds and could be life saving.

9. Tammy N

Tammy N Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2011
    Florence Oregon
    There maybe a recall for Payback chick starter A/b
    I just called the company since an hr after feeding them a new bag my chicks started Dieing

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by