Chirping
10 Years
Jun 26, 2009
Please go to their site, I received the recall info this morning

Three Nutrena brands are being recalled, Chick Starter, I think grower and Corn
all come from a plant in Louisiana.

Sandi aka Ruffles

Thanks for the link.

Everyone note that this includes the Dumor Brand, but was only distributed in southern Arkansas, Louisiana, southern Mississippi and eastern Texas.

I'm going to check mine anyways, as I just bought a new bag a few days ago.

Quote:
Follow the above link and read what it says
smile.png

"Aflatoxin is a naturally occurring mold by-product. Animals that have consumed any of the above recalled products and are experiencing adverse health effects should be seen by a veterinarian."

Shucks I am in SE La. I have the Producers Pride Cracked Corn and the Dumor Chick Grower 20%--- but I don't have the bags.

Nobody sick. Nobody even looks sick.

Last edited:
Whew, the nutrena product I am feeding isn't on the list. But it is still worrying. I mean, I don't save the bags. I dump two, 50lb bags into the metal bin I store feed in, and throw them out. I feed Country Feeds
00ae.png
All Flock by nutrena, btw. Aflatoxin is nothing to mess around with.

After the cat/dog food recall a few years ago I have taken to cutting the part of the label with the upc code and manufacturers info and taping it to the container I keep feed in cuz none of it stays in original bags. Usually get the same kind of food for each: cat, parakeets and chickens, but occasionally will try something different and I like to be sure. Chicken feed is outside so I tape it to the inside of the lid, then when there is a recall, I know what I've got. It only takes a few seconds and could be life saving.

There maybe a recall for Payback chick starter A/b
I just called the company since an hr after feeding them a new bag my chicks started Dieing

Back
Top Bottom