Carlsbad CA?

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by chick4chix, Oct 3, 2009.

1. chick4chix

chick4chix Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2009
    So Cal
    I heard today that although Carlsbad does not technically "allow" chickens in HOA neighborhoods- that if you belong to the 4H club- you are allowed to keep them. Anyone else hear this or have experience with this loophole? Thanks from an outlaw [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 3, 2009
  2. Darlasmum

Darlasmum Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2009
    La Crescenta, CA
    Have you tryd the seach option? Seems to me there are plenty of SD county sightings here.

3. chick4chix

Jun 4, 2009
    So Cal
    [​IMG] Thanks- I did- I was just hoping for someone in my actual city

4. Sillystunt

Sillystunt Master of the Silly

Jul 11, 2008
    Winter Haven, FL
    not sure but you from low cal if your from carlsbad [​IMG]
    Keep the so cal up in LA.............LOL

Just playing with ya, married to a low cal san diegan. He hates that ....hahaha we lived in spring valley and he is from Rancho bernardo. How's the surf.....

P.s where did you get that chiken planter??

Last edited: Oct 3, 2009
  5. chick4chix

Jun 4, 2009
    So Cal
    haha sillystunt - lowCal- thats good. I don't remember where I got the chicken planter- it's actually a strawberry pot- but I've had it for years- I think I bought it in AZ when I lived there but can't remember- sorry. [​IMG]

6. hensplease

hensplease Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2009
    san diego
    we live in san marcos and we have 49 hens and a rooster

7. chick4chix

Jun 4, 2009
    So Cal
    Lucky You!!! I've been looking at property in San Marcos because it's allowed. You must have a large property- San Marcos is beautiful (very old california) [​IMG]

8. hensplease

hensplease Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2009
    san diego
    no its only 3/4s of an acre our neibors love them they buy eggs from us and come to vistit them

9. chick4chix

Jun 4, 2009
    So Cal
    That's very cool- our immediate next door neighbors (the ones closest to the chickens) know about them and love them too- but we are in a neighborhood I'm afraid that might put up a stink and make me get rid of them. I have an alternate plan (a friend in Olivenhain will take them temporarily) if that happens -all the while looking for a new place tobuy. I'm in RealEstate so have access to the entire San Diego mulitiple listing service plus I absolutely LOVE looking at houses so no problem there [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 14, 2009
  10. chris_m90731

chris_m90731 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    Yeah, CA has some very restrictive laws in regards to chickens...especially roosters. And especially in Los Angeles. Someone told me LA proper allows for one rooster per family. But that can be pure hearsay...I dunno.

Oh, and since yall are Cali residents, does anyone know where I can purchase some chickens without having to buy 25 of them????
    I just can't handle 25 eating/pooping/grass destroying machines trolling my backyard.
    If you've got any info, just send me a message or whatnot.
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by