carnivours

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by caspernc, Sep 10, 2011.

1. caspernc

caspernc Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2010
    Z town NC
    Are my ladies normal? A little bird landed in the round pen where they are and they pounced on it and it only lasted a second and the poor little bird was GONE. These girls go bonkers over food ALL the time. They have free feed in the coop and boss twice a day. They know when treat time is, twice a day and are up for anything I toss over the fence during the day. They regularly chase my poor little cat and I could totaly see the little heathens killing her and having her for a snack. Do all chickens act like this or are mine just bad girls. [​IMG]

2. OwlLover

OwlLover Alaskan Wanderer

Aug 25, 2011
    Mine just chase them away. [​IMG]

3. BirdEggs

BirdEggs Out Of The Brooder

Sep 10, 2011
    Central Mass
    I'm new to chickens, and only have 4 GCs, but whenever I let them out, they chase after anything that moves! I have a bird feeder up, but have never seen them go after the birds. We have some tiny wrens that collected chicken feathers for their nests this spring, and as far as I know, the girls didn't devour any... although they were smaller then. Maybe next year the wrens will be in trouble!

4. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Chickens are our modern day dinosaurs.

5. Magic Birdie

Magic Birdie Overrun With Chickens

May 3, 2011
    Magic Birdie land
    Quote:yes, their closest relative is the T-rex

6. caspernc

caspernc Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2010
    Z town NC
    At least they are quick about it.

7. TroutsChicks

TroutsChicks Fluffy Stuffins

Jun 5, 2011
    baxter Tn
    don't fall down in my coop!! They love to pic anything on you, I had a blister on my toe...next thing i know i am bleeding and they where gathered around me. I got out quickly! Never go in with out treats! Mine haven't gotten a bird yet, but they did eat two baby mice!

8. ozark_chickies

ozark_chickies Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2011
    Arkansas
    Our chickens play chicken football with frogs ( wich my dh thinks is hilarious) and killed a three foot garder snake, our cats stay a safe distance at all times.

9. ozark_chickies

ozark_chickies Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2011
    Arkansas
    Quote:[​IMG]
    thats funny

10. kaybats

kaybats Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    Quote:[​IMG]

mine do too! Their favorite is scabs [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by