Carol"s Chicken World.

carol Lemkuhl

Hatching
6 Years
Jul 11, 2013
This spring I was free ranging my chickens had over 30 chickens.
he.gif
I left for that day, and when I came home over 22 chickens were gone. Had one dead hen and feathers here and there. So I was down to 13 chickens. It makes you sick inside, with the feeling of now what?
ep.gif
It was Mr. Fox. Out in the day time looking for food for his cubs.

So I went chicken crazy.
ya.gif
Had 20 sent froms meyers but only 7 lived. Meyers took care of me. and then I got 30 more. And in sept. I am getting more.

I have an assortment of polish, millie d' Uncles,
D.gif
D.gif
cuckoo marians and frizzies.
D.gif
I am having a different look to my area.
D.gif

The hardest part is putting them in with the big ones. You know the peeking order.

Happy Crowing Guys.
Carol
thumbsup.gif
woot.gif

Dont you just love chickens-- we have grown really fond of ours too- we had 22 down to 11 and then back up to 15 now 14 (small hatch)....
Can I suggest, if you like dogs, that you get a farm dog?

A good dog is worth its weight in gold-- it took 6months (we moved from the city and our dogs had never seen a chicken before)-- but our dogs once acclimitized to them, act as wonderful guardians-- they just roam our property warding off predators (everything from stray dogs, to coons, to skunks and possums)-- we havent had a loss in a year of free ranging (the chickens come back to the coop at night, we dont even shut the pop door-- I work out of town 3 days a week and it got forgotten so often we got outa the habit).... And we live in the mountains....

Back
Top Bottom