Carolina Rare Chicks reviews?

LikeTurkeys

Crowing
5 Years
Jul 25, 2018
Southern California
Hey everyone!
I'm interested in potentially purchasing some Buff Orpingtons from Carolina Rare Chicks. They have an AMAZING variety of Orpingtons, probably every variety you can think of, as well as Brahmas and quite a few turkeys.

I was looking for Buff Orpingtons (yes, specifically BUFFS) bred to the APA standard but I'll take what I can get - English type is still far better than the birds being mass-produced by hatcheries.

My question is, before I spend $20 a chick this spring, has anyone ordered from them before and what did you think of the birds? Looking forward to some responses! Thanks!

EDIT: here's a link for reference
https://www.carolinararechicks.net/home

Hey everyone!
I'm interested in potentially purchasing some Buff Orpingtons from Carolina Rare Chicks. They have an AMAZING variety of Orpingtons, probably every variety you can think of, as well as Brahmas and quite a few turkeys.

I was looking for Buff Orpingtons (yes, specifically BUFFS) bred to the APA standard but I'll take what I can get - English type is still far better than the birds being mass-produced by hatcheries.

My question is, before I spend $20 a chick this spring, has anyone ordered from them before and what did you think of the birds? Looking forward to some responses! Thanks!

My friend bought from them! Im pretty sure she liked it. :)

My friend bought from them! Im pretty sure she liked it. :)
Good to hear! I'm looking for health and vigor in addition to birds that live up to the word 'heavy' and 'deep' :) Don't want to deal w/ sickly chickens, especially if they can transmit some disease to my own flock. I got notified through NPIP though that high path avian influenza was detected in the Carolinas, so maybe I should wait a bit before ordering to see what happens... Probably nothing, but I want to be on the safe side!

Good to hear! I'm looking for health and vigor in addition to birds that live up to the word 'heavy' and 'deep' :) Don't want to deal w/ sickly chickens, especially if they can transmit some disease to my own flock. I got notified through NPIP though that high path avian influenza was detected in the Carolinas, so maybe I should wait a bit before ordering to see what happens... Probably nothing, but I want to be on the safe side!
That’s probably smart! Ive never bought from there so unfortunately i cannot give you a in depth about it, ive heard their pretty good aswell from some people and it looks pretty professional! but its always better to be safe,

Just received some Buff Orpington chicks from them. I ordered 8 and received 10 (2 extras at no charge), all are healthy and active.

Very pleased with the service and packing. Will be updating as they grow. So far I recommend - chicks only took 2.5 weeks to ship after ordering.

Hey everyone!

I have ordered two times from Carolina Rare Chicks, They added several extras, Im a long ways away from South Carolina so one death in about 35 chicks was great, I ended up losing one more but both losses were bantam chicks. All orpingtons and extras are still doing well. About 3 weeks later. Price is a little scarey but I have ordered from them before and there is no comparison in quality. Everyone seems to be growing well. Color size and quality are really hard to beat. Every chick including the extras are nice healthy and good quality.

Just received some Buff Orpington chicks from them. I ordered 8 and received 10 (2 extras at no charge), all are healthy and active.

Very pleased with the service and packing. Will be updating as they grow. So far I recommend - chicks only took 2.5 weeks to ship after ordering.
I also received a few Buff chicks and they are doing really well the color of these chicks is phenomenal Looks like I got 2 roosters and 3 hens I ordered 4 of this color. Im very happy.

Back
Top Bottom