CAROL'S PICS OF BABY CHICKS IN BATOR

Rufflemyfeathers

Songster
11 Years
Nov 20, 2008
Astatula Florida
Just a few pics of the children in the bator..one born last night on Thanksgiving and so far 7 today anc couple more ready..so out of 16 eggs so far 8 have hatched with no problems..
smile.png

Hello

November28006.jpg

# 8 Egg

November28001.jpg

#8 Egg

November28003.jpg

#8 Egg Almost Out

November28007.jpg

The Clan of what there is so far.

November28002.jpg

Last edited:
They are suppose to be RIR bought from a person that has good eggs and that is what I bought,,oh well whatever they are I am happy mommie.

Thanks for comments..Can't wait to get them out of that bator in couple days..only got 7 more eggs to hatch and hope by morning they are done..poor little newborns get walked on and it was laying on back and couldn't turn over and they were walking on it..it finally got over couldn't get up just born.

Keep the unhatched eggs in your incubator. Take the hatched chicks out and put them in s SEPERATE BROODER. I use a plastic storage thing from Wally World or Dollar General. Put NON cedar small animal shavings in, a shallow dish for water (You can put a bit of sugar in it) and a shallow dish for chick starter.

The chicks really need to start eating and drinking with in 24 hours of fluffing out.

Be sure you have a heat Source for the new brooder. A 100 watt light bulb in a hanging lamp (you can get these at wally world too) will do the trick.

It is EXTREMLY important that you take the temperature of the brooder at the floor/shavings. Never let the brooder get above 100 degrees F and a better temp. would be 95 degrees F.

Give the chicks room enough to get away from the heat source.

When you put in new chicks you can isolate them from the bouncing babies already in with a divider of some sort. I use a plastic cup top cut off to make a little circle of defense for the new guys.

Oh you are going to have sooooo much fun.

Here are some ideas for ya.

15239_chics_011.jpg

15239_new_005.jpg

These guys are a bit older, but you should get the general idea

To answer your question. Just take the fluffy butts out, leave the unhatched eggs in and do not worry about humidity or temperature, they will stabilize fairly quickly. A quick 20 to 60 second opening of the incubator is not a big deal at all. I have left my incubators open for far longer without any problems.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom