CarriBrown - How are you doing?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by JaciesCoop, Jan 15, 2008.

1. JaciesCoop

JaciesCoop Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 16, 2007
    Arizona
    Carri: I just want to check and see how you are doing after your loss. Hope all is well and you are feeling fine.

Jacie

2. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

[​IMG] You're such a sweetheart. Thank you. DH and I are doing OK. He took Nugget to the state pathologist for a necropsy. The state of California does free necropsies for backyard flock owners because of the West Nile problems we had. I was under the impression that a very specific necropsy would cost money, but because we're backyard flock owners, they do the most detailed necropsy available. I can call the pathologist with any questions I have, also.
    They will email me the results within a week and I will post them here, along with any answered questions I've gotten from the pathologist.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2008
  3. JaciesCoop

JaciesCoop Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 16, 2007
    Arizona
    Oh Carri: Do keep us posted. I'm sure everyone is as anxious to see the results as I am.

Take Care
    Jacie

4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

We sure will be waiting anxiously to hear what they find out, Carri. Nugget, Potpie and Hotwing are special to me. I remember when I told you that I thought Hotwing was a cockerel (or did I dream that?) as a chick, so I've sort of "known" them since babyhood. Are the others reacting to her absence? [​IMG]

5. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Quote:I think you did tell me that, actually!
    Well, I do think the others are reacting... they look a combination of sad and curious. I hope Kip and Hotwing don't think I'm eating their women! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by