Carrot cake!!! Recipe for a dying man

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by debilorrah, Sep 11, 2010.

1. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

My best friends hubby is dying from a rare cancer and one thing he keeps asking for is HOMEMADE carrot cake with raisins and walnuts. I know you people have one that can help!!! Thank you soooo much!!!

2. Cindiloohoo

Cindiloohoo Quiet as a Church Mouse

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    My mom has an excelent carrot cake recipe. If no one else has a good one I will get it from her and post it tomorrow for ya!

3. BettyR

BettyR Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2008
    Texas Gulf Coast
    Quote:I am so sorry about your friends husband. My father died of cancer a few years back and it was a really hard time for the whole family.

After someone looses a spouse people tend to stop inviting them to the "couples" activities that they used to get invited to. The remaining spouse starts to feel as if their friends have disowned them. It's important to keep inviting them even though they are no longer a couple. I think that was the one thing that hurt my mom the most after my dad was gone.

I'm sorry we don't eat carrot cake so I don't have a recipe.

4. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    I have a fabulous carrot cake recipe, although it doesn't have raisins in it. I can't post it right now, but I will later today.

5. bigmike&nan

bigmike&nan Chillin' With My Peeps

Thank you TERRIELACY for posting my recipe....

Get yourself a pastry bag with a star tip and go CRAZY decorating it....

[​IMG]

6. littlegorb

littlegorb Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2009
    Republic of Bayard
    this is a good recipe, i know because i have tried it. and it contains the raisins and nuts like he wants. moist and dense, it will cure a craving. my sister gave me one very similar but i cannot find it. this one is just as good. check it out:
    http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Sams-Famous-Carrot-Cake/Detail.aspx

i hope he enjoys all the good food, tis one pleasure in life that cannot be substituted. my grandmother wanted lemonade, and to smell a certain blend of essential oils. she got that and had a smile on her face.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2010
  7. ozark hen

ozark hen Living My Dream

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    bigmike&nan :

Thank you TERRIELACY for posting my recipe....

Get yourself a pastry bag with a star tip and go CRAZY decorating it....

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd80/mikennansourhouse/P1010099.jpg

I will make this cake ...again...for my dh. He just got out of the hospital ...again...LOL...and this is his all time fav. I looked for one after he kept helping himself to pieces at Golden Corral when we went there. I never in my life had one nor eaten any. I decided a month or so ago to find a recipe and make him one from scratch! I found this recipe that Miss Prissy posted and she is my "go to person" when it comes to recipes. [​IMG]
    He now brags to everyone on this cake. I tells everyone that German Chocolate used to be his fav until I made this one. I even broke down and tried it and must say I am in love with it now. Thanks for sharing this recipe!
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by