Cars are NOT for sale..........

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm getting where I don't like strangers. I'm not paranoid, but am wary...and I will pick up hitchhikers for crying out loud! I HATE when folks just think they can come up in my yard though!
barnie.gif
Never have liked that, this is MY space. I have to think with all the ammo, and a big dog, I'm good to go though. Had a few folks stop by recently casing the house, and they both left rather quickly. I keep lots of visible, and vocal deterrents around just in case. It's getting worse every day...

Wow... yeah, I wouldn't trust that guy any farther than I could throw him...

Beleive me, my family is VERY paranoid now, after having our house broken into while we were on vacation... My dad flew back to Seattle and barely slept, loaded guns at the ready for fear they would come back while he tried to sort out the mess and work with the police to catch them and recover some of our belongings (including both cars...)

Oh, and the fun of having some jerk come rip off our Christmas lights two years ago.... repeatedly... even when we were at home!

And then you read about things like completely random stabbings of 8 year olds as they play arcade games, and police shootings, and muggings and stuff. We're ready. I know my dad packs almost wherever he goes.

But this is why my dad has taught me and my siblings how to use guns (handguns, .22 rifle, shotgun). It's why I plan to get my permit as soon as I turn 21, and it's why I have my biometrics uploaded to the fingerprint scanning gun safe that contains a locked and loaded gun, ready to fire. It's why my mom, who at first didn't like guns has just gotten her Utah Permit (because Utah's permit extends to the most states).

Yep your gut instinct telling you something! Way to go Boyd!

If that is the same guy breaking in town, you can look him up in the police station to get his profile pics and determined if that was the same guy scoping out your property.

Quote:
I may do that tomorrow, that's a good idea!

Last edited:
did you happen to call him into the police so they have a description on file in case they actually do catch him casing/robbing someone else? it's always a good idea with everyone on heightened alert with robberies lately!

just in case people are thinking that the old 'clunkers' on your property are 'for sale' and you think they aren't useful to them. here's a recent story in our 'neck of the woods' that had me laughing that they were not noticed sooner with the first 2 cars they took!

http://www.fosters.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20101108/GJNEWS_01/711089950/0/FRONTPAGE enjoy!

Chickie'sMoma :

did you happen to call him into the police so they have a description on file in case they actually do catch him casing/robbing someone else? it's always a good idea with everyone on heightened alert with robberies lately!

just in case people are thinking that the old 'clunkers' on your property are 'for sale' and you think they aren't useful to them. here's a recent story in our 'neck of the woods' that had me laughing that they were not noticed sooner with the first 2 cars they took!

http://www.fosters.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20101108/GJNEWS_01/711089950/0/FRONTPAGE enjoy!

I didn't
sad.png

Quote:
I hope since you heard about the break ins that you reported this to the police (car discription/guy discription) sometimes they just don't care, but this could be an important lead. since you didn't get on the phone now, while it's still fresh, they might take the discription over the phone or pay you a visit.
you could be saving someones life by stopping this person.

Last edited:
I never used to be paranoid, and I do try to trust people, but it is so hard when you turn on the news nowadays. Just yesterday in CT the death penalty was given in a horrific home invasion that happened 3 years ago. I try not to judge people I don't know...but I also try to be careful too. IT is just so sad that some people are just plain bad in this world

Yep, listen to your intuition... so many tune that little voice out and afterward say that it just didn't feel right but felt silly for not being polite or whatever... I would never ask someone if their cars were for sale, unless they were parked up by the road and I had a particular interest in a specific model that they had. And I would park in their drive and go straight up to their door, no dodgy behavior.
roll.png
One concern left that I have though... some people break in FOR the guns you may have - and may wait for when you don't look home. I don't know what to do about that... Just be cautious - sounds like you already are, but someone has got their eye on you and yours.
sad.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom