Cary, NC Petition to allow backyard hens and request for photos

manfre

In the Brooder
11 Years
Jul 9, 2008
Cary, NC
My wife and I have been pushing fighting the town to allow backyard hens. After our initial set back, we have happily watched the neighboring towns of Chapel Hill, Durham and Wake Forest succeed. In this time, we have set up the website CaryChickens.com with a support mailing list with a few dozen residents, and have just started an online petition.

The fight continues and we will eventually win.

In an effort to dispel misguided fears, I would like to add photos to the CaryChickens.com website of nice looking coops and chickens. Since I do not have chickens yet, I was hoping that all of you would be willing to allow me to post some of your pictures.

You can either link the images in this topic, or send them to me through the CaryChickens.com contact form.

You will prevail! I'm confident of it. Feel free to use this image of our coop if you like:

3812_finished_coop.jpg

There are more on myBYC page , feel free.

Also, Buff Hooligans has one of the prettiest coops I've ever seen, so check with her too.

Phyllis

I don't have a photo of our barns and coops and my camera is broken at the moment but if you need a really cute image of a chick here is one
1020569-3-bantam-chick.jpg

Feel free to use mine if you think it's nice enough. I live about two miles from Cary.

Here are a couple that show chickens as pets.

Maybe this has been answered before elsewhere, but are Apex residents allowed to raise chickens and if so, what are the stipulations? Thanks!

TN

This is the tractor we built. We are less than a mile form the Cary border.

12849_emmawcoop.jpg

Theodore,
As far as I know, Apex residents are allowed hens but not roosters.

I live outside cary off TenTen Rd. I have lots of chicken pictures with children! We have our chickens on our christmas card too.
16617_festivus.jpg

16617_dsc07304.jpg

The coop is behind the trees. You can't see it during the summer, and barely during the winter.
16617_dsc06975.jpg

If there's anything I can do to help, let me know!

Hi,
I live 10 minuets out of Baltimore City in Maryland and I have 14 hens and a very young rooster (hopefully he never makes any noise).

DSCF1833.jpg

DSCF1720.jpg

Good luck with your petition if anyone says anything about my new rooster I will just compare him to the 10 dogs that are barking all day long in our neighborhood he will be much less irritating I am sure.

Henry

Back
Top Bottom