Aug 16, 2009
Phoenix, Arizona
I have eggs rocking!!!!!
wee.gif
wee.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
but its day 16? Is this normal. should I stop turning now? I knew my temp was a little high but I need help deciding wheter to start lockdown now. I don't hear any peeping, so that means they haven't internally piiped yet. please help

ETA: Paganbird has helped solve my dilemma and I do not require any more assistance, thank you all for helping out!

Last edited:
Lockdown time... It's okay... breath...It will be fine.. I have done that too and had a decent hatch...Lockdown and enjoy...peeping probably tonight or tomarrow. It will be fine. Get off the roof!!! ha ha

that is awful early.
hu.gif
I don't know. I do know that when I first started hatching I didn't stop turning until the day of and all the chicks hatched out right. I might of been just lucky. I can only suggest but don't want you to hate on me if it don't work.
hide.gif
I would say to keep turning like normal, unless the do start peeping through and/or start making noise. Just what I would do.
What ever you do best of luck
fl.gif

If anyone has a better idea please share.

thank you all for your support. the reason I'm so nervous is that theres 4 eggs and they are all rocking. I'm afraid that if I mess up I'll lose such a small number of chicks. also its my first hatch. please keep the answers coming!

now let me inform you some more. they aren't rocking in the bator, they are rocking when I put them on my hardwood floor. It's alot smoother on the floor, than that mesh on the bottom, sorry for not mentioning it before.

You don't need to turn the eggs at the end of the hatch. Turning is to keep the yolk from sticking, but after 2 weeks of incubation... it should be fine.
Day 16 is too early, but not impossible. Temps could have been too high, incubation could have begun under a hen for a couple days, the rocking could have been caused by the 'bator fan... there are a lot of explanations that could suggest why you saw rocking. I just wanted to let you know that you can stop turning them without causing complications. If you do decide to lockdown, don't open the bator after you lockdown. Give them at least until day 23 to hatch.
Good Luck!

Back
Top Bottom