1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Castle Delight Seramas - Post your photos and share your stories!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by ZooMummzy, Sep 8, 2011.

1. ZooMummzy

ZooMummzy Queen of the Zoo

Mar 31, 2008
    Philomath, Oregon
    I thought I'd "move" over here to the pictures and story thread (from the incubating thread) so we can keep sharing our Seramas from my flock as they grow! (I hope this will be ok with the moderators? [​IMG] [​IMG] ) It has been fun seeing and hearing how everyone's babies are doing and how they are feathering out. I would love to keep that going.

I will start it off by sharing the news of Cordelia and Billie becoming Momma's this week [​IMG] They both hatched out 3 chicks each, but for some strange reason decided to kick the 3rd ones out! I am trying to save them now in a separate cage. This is Cordelia and her first baby

[​IMG]

I don't have one of Billie yet but I do have an updated photo from the hatch last week [​IMG] 9 babies - 4 frizzled and 5 smooth.

[​IMG]

Cordelia is Romeo's hen and Billie is Amadeus'. How are your babies feathering out from these pens?

2. Chicks4MyFamily

Chicks4MyFamily Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2011
    Valley City, OH
    Here are a few pictures of my new 4 day old tiny baby Castle Delight Seramas. Romeo is the Baby Daddy for both [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. ZooMummzy

Mar 31, 2008
    Philomath, Oregon
    Quote:Awwwwww! [​IMG] They are adorable! I bet you Cordelia is the Mom to the white and black one!

4. BHep

BHep Overrun With Chickens

Nov 20, 2010
    Faison, NC
    [​IMG] I will download my pics tomorrow.

5. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Love all the pictures peepz!! [​IMG]

I hope to someday post pictures of my babies I get from Laura! [​IMG] *sigh* When I get the money I'm going to get some of these cuties from Laura! [​IMG]

~ Aspen [​IMG]

6. ZooMummzy

Mar 31, 2008
    Philomath, Oregon
    Quote:[​IMG]

7. ZooMummzy

Mar 31, 2008
    Philomath, Oregon
    Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

Love all the pictures peepz!! [​IMG]

I hope to someday post pictures of my babies I get from Laura! [​IMG] *sigh* When I get the money I'm going to get some of these cuties from Laura! [​IMG]

~ Aspen [​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Cackling Hen

Cackling Hen Just Scratching Around

Apr 21, 2009
    Port Angeles Wa
    I have 2 clutchs from Castle Delight 6 3 month olds and 7 3 weeks olds. I will download pics tomorrow I will try and show from hatch threw there growing up stage [​IMG]

9. Chicks4MyFamily

Chicks4MyFamily Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2011
    Valley City, OH
    I love the coloring on Cordelia so I hope she is the Mommy [​IMG]

10. ZooMummzy

Mar 31, 2008
    Philomath, Oregon
    Can't wait to see the photos Cackling Hen. It is hard to believe it's been 3 months already!

On a sad note, I lost one of the little broody babies from yesterday [​IMG] I haven't lost a baby in awhile - it just sucks!

Here are a couple photos of the Mommas and their babies taken yesterday

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The two twins in these first photos are like evil little twins lol. They gang up on Cordelia, try to hop on her back (which she does not like!) and when one goes under her, the other will poke and pull on it till it squeals and comes out again lol. The littlest one in the front loves to give the stink eye but is the calm child in the group. Always seems to be saying "make them stop Momma" [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Billie, this Momma is just crazy. She has been a crazy broody - biting and hissing - and still is but loves her babies. However, she is the one that injured the one I just had die. I'm thinking she was very definite in her plans to only have two kids!

Last edited: Sep 9, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by