Castro Valley mom has coop, incubator...need great eggs

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by likemineovermedium, Jul 29, 2010.

1. likemineovermedium

likemineovermedium New Egg

Jul 28, 2010
    bay area
    We're all dressed up -- with no eggs to hatch! I grew up with chickens and my kids have really enjoyed keeping them -- and eating all those delicious eggs! When our two RIR were eaten by a backyard predators (coyote? raccoon? possum? -- we have all kinds of critters in the open space behind our house) we got a new coop, waited until the right time -- and now we're ready to start hatching again.

We live in the East Bay of Northern California and I would love to get my hands on 6 eggs to hatch, of course we want hens but a roo or two would be okay. We love RIRs but could be up for any good layers -- want them ASAP while the kids are still out of school. We can even drive a little distance to pick them up as we have lots of summer time on our hands right now.

Suggestions?? I"m all ears!

2. sodbuster

sodbuster Out Of The Brooder

Jul 20, 2010
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from louisiana

3. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Welcome to the forum! [​IMG] Sounds like you're ready to get going with incubating. I would recommend posting in WTB section of the forum to find someone with eggs nearby. Best wishes!

4. likemineovermedium

likemineovermedium New Egg

Jul 28, 2010
    bay area
    thanks, I'll post elsewhere, I appreciate the suggestion!
    LMOM

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by