Cat Driving Me Insane

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by rodriguezpoultry, Jun 13, 2011.

1. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    Ok..so y'all know that I have not had a cat before. Except for Tinkerbell which was an outdoor cat which came inside for ice storms. Mira plays. Constantly. She does not sleep. Ever! I thought cats were lazy! She plays with the dog. Practically forces the Shih Tzu to play. The lab is forced to wag his tail for her amusement.

When does this stop?! She's completely weaned, I believe 12 weeks old. Eating twice a day, Authority kitten food.

Is this normal or have I ruined a cat?

Sorry it's been so long since I've posted, but just got settled from our move!

2. Shannon33

Shannon33 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2010
    Eastern Shore, VA
    Kittens are crazy, it's very normal. They grow out of it eventually.
    After the last kitten I had I said never again, going to adopt an older cat next time, lol.
    They are NUTS [​IMG]

3. Godsgrl

Godsgrl Ostrich wrangler

Aug 27, 2007
    at the zoo usually
    Welcome to the world of cats. Sigh. Our kitten is nearly two years old now, and this morning she went crazy playing with her styrofoam packing peanut, a bow, and a squeaky mouse. She's finally out of her brat phase. There was a good long time there when we couldn't even pet her without getting bitten and rabbit kicked. Enjoy Mira, and get her some toys to hopefully keep her occupied. They don't have to be expensive, Hershey tried to get in the trash after a ball of paper one day.

4. Duckchick2011

Duckchick2011 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2011
    Louisiana
    [​IMG] Sorry, but she sounds like a real fireball of fun...

Every cat has a different personality, hers just happens to be hyperactive, playful, and demanding, some cats are just like that...you could maybe find her a lower calorie fed, or you could try wearing her out with some play time toys...about thirty minutes with a feather toy will wear most cats out [​IMG]

Of course she should calm down a little once she reaches full maturity, most of the cats I've owned always get alot calmer once they mature...of course there is always the exception [​IMG]

5. CityClucks

CityClucks The Center of a 50 Mile Radius

Jan 31, 2009
    Tulsa, OK
    Oh boy. Kittens are nuthin' but trouble. They're cute & all, but once you let them into your house you'll get no rest. They'll be into everything - worse than a little kid. But even if you know this, kittens have the power to hypnotize you and then coerce you to let them in, and then it's too late. Sorry.

Good to see you posting RoPo - I hope you're having fun and success at the new location!

6. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    We tried the playtime thing...2 hours later my hand was sore. We've graduated to a laser light. She loves it and it's easy for us. I got her this kitten chow because it's a good diet, but I'm debating on giving her fillers so I can sleep. She still sleeps in te crate so that's one thing. Otherwise you hear this 2 lb. Cat "run, run, run, slide!!!! Bang! Chords popping...run, run, run, Velcro sounds..." I don't know how she doesn't sleep.

I also wonder if she can hear stuff...when you bang a pot, she doesn't seem to care.

7. Matthew3590

Matthew3590 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    Middle, TN
    when my kitten went to actual cat at about a year I got her fixed. Then she was no where near as crazy.

8. chickbea

chickbea Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2007
    Vermont
    You're still at the baby stage - wait until the teenage kitty escapades begin! [​IMG]

9. la dee da

la dee da Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2008
    Virginia
    Quote:That's not a fun stage, especially if you have two that play the game of "play then fight in the middle of the night" [​IMG]

10. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

[​IMG]

Ropo,
    It'll stop in a year or two or three.

Imp- become one with the mischief

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by