Cat for adoption (possibly maine coon mix) Western NC

asher

Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire
14 Years
Jan 26, 2007
Mountains of NC
Some irresponsible person abandoned this girlie at our house. She's lovely, friendly, but needs quite a bit of weight on her. She's quite young still, but out of kittyness. She's a lot smaller than she appears in the pictures.

She appears to possibly be maine coon or mixed with it. She gets along with the other cats, not sure about the dogs b/c they would like to taste her.
tongue.png

Picture1466992.jpg

Picture1466993.jpg

Picture1466994.jpg

The kids want to keep her, but we do not need another cat (or dog so please stop dropping them off people!
lol.png
). I'll keep her and get her fixed until I can find another home for her, though if I don't find one quickly. (Assuming she's not, yet, but I doubt it. I'm very, very allergic to her, though and have a reaction without even touching her.)

Last edited:
Oooh, I wish my cat Daisy wasn't so frightened of other cats! She's beautiful, and you're a wonderful person for taking her in and finding a home for her.

Yes, she's on craigslist, too.

She was apparently hungry b/c she just put her head to the door and pawed at it. I'm guessing she was a pet at some time. Why they decided to drop her off, I do not know.

That sure looks maine coon to me too. She is beautiful........i hope you are able to find her a great home.

Someone must have heard me saying I wanted a Maine Coon, huh? Too bad I'm trying to downsize as it is.
hmm.png

(Okay, so I'll be realistic, if I don't find her a home and I get her fixed, she'll probably stay here!
gig.gif

clap.gif
There ya go!!!!!!!! Thats the way we do things here too. We have a cat named CAT because i refused to let the family name him. He was a stray and we were going to fix him up and find a home. I knew if they named him, he would never leave
roll.png
SO....... 9 yrs later the vet folder still says CAT and it stuck. It took me six months to realize he was staying, but they all knew it the entire time
smile.png

gig.gif
Well, I think she may be in heat so I'm going to retract this until I can get her fixed. Going to take her up this week to do that unless someone wants to adopt her and I'll pay the $35 for the clinic to get her fixed once I am shown the receipt.

I'm just so flipping sick of being responsible and then having some irresponsible idiot drop their animals off, thereby taking $ away from food for the animals (and kids! hehe) that I am trying to responsibly take care of. I won't do the irresponsible thing and just drop it off somewhere else or dump it at the shelter to be gassed because I don't believe the cat should suffer.

Feeling a little irritated today.
barnie.gif

I know how you feel. I have taken in 3 more since finding CAT. But you can only feel happy about the stray finding someone who cares and giving it a better chance at a better life
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom