1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

cat got his arse beat this morning!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Ducklove334, Feb 7, 2009.

1. Ducklove334

Ducklove334 Off to another pond

Nov 4, 2008
    Virginia
    ...BY A CHICKEN!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

this morning while I was making my rounds, feeding the ducks, rabbits, let the chickens out, fed them ect. before i had to get a shower to get ready for work.

Anyway, J.B. our oldest, most dominate tomcat, who is passive-agressive..he rules over the other cats with an almost stern quiet, that says "step out of line and i'll make sure you can never sit again!"

anyways, he must have decided one of our hens got too close for comfort, cause he took a swat at her, she DID NOT like it one bit!, those hackle feathers go up, and she's all over him in a heartbeat!...J.B...backed down almost instantly, but little miss hen wasn't done, she decided to chase him back and forth across the feild a few times, then beat up on a couple roosters! [​IMG]

it makes me wish I carried a camera around all the darned tome now!

I never realised how plucky HENS can be

2. [​IMG]

3. ScoobyRoo

ScoobyRoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2008
    Land of OZ
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] then the cat goes [​IMG]!! I can just see that happening. Love these funny stories!

4. Ducklove334

Ducklove334 Off to another pond

Nov 4, 2008
    Virginia
    you know, compared to some of our hens, our roosters are...well, chicken [​IMG]

it makes me wonder if push came to shove, WHO it would be to protect the flock! [​IMG]

a couple of our hens LOVE to harass the cats on a daily basis, they also like to steal the cats food [​IMG]

5. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    Oh yeah, my hens harrass the cats all the time. The cats don't even like going in the backyard any more!

6. rebecca10782

rebecca10782 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2008
    [​IMG] I want that hen. I can't believe she beat up the poor roosters! We have a stray cat that comes around a watches. I was nervous at first but I am pretty sure that the hens have warned him because he doesn't have that hungry look in his eyes anymore [​IMG]

7. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

I have two Manx cats, they are good hunters, always bringing me home gifts.LOL They will not mess with the chickens, even young ones. If they are laying down and a chicken comes by they will get up out of the way. They sit patiently while the chickens eat their food, and never,never sleep in one of the chickens spots. They've had their butt beat one too many times. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by