Cat got to bantam hen.

Chick1043

Songster
8 Years
Jun 5, 2011
Idaho
Went outside to bring the dog out and noticed my Dark Brahma bantam hens head swollen and bloody. Looks all scratched up and feathers are missing. No other scratches or wounds. I was guessing it was a cat. Another hen had a scratch on her comb and a smudge of blood on her foot and another with just a smudge on her foot. I brought inside, cleaned it with hot water and put neosporin on it. Was that okay to put on it? I also separated her so the other hens won't pick on her. It looks like she'll be fine. Later I saw a white and tan cat on the fence.

I'm so sorry! It was awful when a cat got my ducks! It seems like your doing a good job of healing her though. Make sure she can easily get food and water and put alcohol on her wounds and be sure she doesn't peck at them. Good luck!

I'm so sorry! It was awful when a cat got my ducks! It seems like your doing a good job of healing her though. Make sure she can easily get food and water and put alcohol on her wounds and be sure she doesn't peck at them. Good luck!
Will do so! Haha, there is no way she could pick on them since it's just on her head. Thanks! :)

Back
Top Bottom