CAT HELP PLEASE! ASAP!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Daddas1Punkin, Apr 9, 2012.

1. Daddas1Punkin

Daddas1Punkin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2012
    Ca.
    There is a BIG cat roaming around and it caught a dove today. lol, it was funny though because it got a vase of water dumped on it when he grabbed the bird! [​IMG](where's a camera when you need one!?)
    Anyway, it jumped on one of our chickens yesterday. [​IMG]Miss Henny Penny IS OK though. (she runs fast) THANK GOD! That is not really scared of us anymore, anyone have any way to put a stop to it???????????? PLEASE HELP!!!!! We're going to be gone all afternoon today and I'm afraid to leave them!

2. Fluffballs

Fluffballs Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2012
    With my chickies!
    Does someone own him? I'm guessing not, but if so, you need to tell the owner.

3. klmclain1

klmclain1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2011
    You may need to lock them up for today while you're gone! Two solutions - get a dog (we have two so no cats!), or build an chain-link enclosure with a chain link top. That's all I can come up with! Good luck.

4. Daddas1Punkin

Feb 9, 2012
    Ca.
    I don't think so...

5. Daddas1Punkin

Feb 9, 2012
    Ca.
    Thanks, I think I will lock up the babies and put a sprinkler in the big hens' pen by the fence to scare it.

6. calvincoop

calvincoop Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2010
    Portland, Oregon
    If the kitty doesn't have an owner you should take it to the animal shelter so it can be adopted.

7. SilkieBantams

SilkieBantams Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2011
    Houston, TX
    My advice is to get a feral cat trap that way you can then take it to an animal shelter.

8. Chicks on DL

Chicks on DL Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2012
    West Coast, Florida.
    If you don't have a trap contact your local shelter. Your local shelter may spay it for free if it is a feral cat and then you can trap and return the cat. Once spayed they are not as aggressive. Maybe if you provide it with food it will not have a reason to hunt. Keep spraying it with water whenever it gets too close. If you feed it you may be able to train it to stay away from your chickens.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by