Cat ingested floral foam.

Chicken poppy

Fashionably late 🎤🦆
Premium Feather Member
May 9, 2021
Poppyland
My cat has ingested a small amount (like a dime sized amount) of floral foam. Im not seeing much of anything online but would she be alright?

My cat has ingested a small amount (like a dime sized amount) of floral foam. Im not seeing much of anything online but would she be alright?
keep an eye on her litter. That little amount is probably ok, but if she seems to be blocked up after a day or 2 get her to a vet stat!

keep an eye on her litter. That little amount is probably ok, but if she seems to be blocked up after a day or 2 get her to a vet stat!
Will do, thank you!

I saw someone saying to remove all feed for 6 hours, and water for 3 hours. Should i follow this? I don’t want to if its unnecessary. I almost feel like it might make it worse.

So when you say keep an eye on the litter, do you mean im looking for poop? Or for it to be in the poop?

Will do, thank you!

I saw someone saying to remove all feed for 6 hours, and water for 3 hours. Should i follow this? I don’t want to if its unnecessary. I almost feel like it might make it worse.

So when you say keep an eye on the litter, do you mean im looking for poop? Or for it to be in the poop?
I'm going to give the standard disclaimer of "I am not a vet, and You should consult a vet for actual medical advice if this doesn't resolve in the next day or 2" You want the food and fluids to push it though and flush it out, so I would not hold them back. More water maybe than food, but it's got to move through the gut. As to the litter box. Both. make sure business seems to be going on as usual and take a look to see if there's green foamy fluff in the litter tray when your cat goes. If you don't see it but things seem to be moving as normal, I would not worry. But if kitty gets blocked up and not on a normal schedule or is in obvious distress, vet.

Give it time, but don't let it go too long, if that makes sense. Cats do silly things but if it's that small an amount it should pass.

Back
Top Bottom