CAT IS BUTT SCOOTING

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by puppies9099, Feb 13, 2014.

1. puppies9099

puppies9099 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 17, 2013
    Classified
    my cat crystal she is 4 years old starting BUTT scooting after she pooped i saw her poop and when she was still pushing she sat in it kicked her huge legs in the air and butt scooting in the snow she has been doing this for about a week her name is Crystal

2. laurengeeves

laurengeeves Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2013
    England , Kent
    Worms for inflammation of the bowel which will be sore which explains sitting on snow

3. ten chicks

ten chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2013
    MB,Canada
    She may have plugged anal sac/glands,take her to the vet they will drain them. Cats have two anal sacs located on either side of anus,actually common for them to become plugged.

4. Michael Apple

Michael Apple Overrun With Chickens

Mar 6, 2008
    Northern California
    X2. Impacted anal glands can become infected. Glove one hand with a surgical glove, take your thumb and forefinger, and press in on the anus gently while lifting the tail with the other hand, and you'll feel a lump. Squeeze gently to expel impacted gland. Clean the cat's anus afterward with a dampened tissue.

In the case of worms, get some Drontal tabs from your vet. They consist of Praziquantel and Pyrantel and will destroy any worms that may be causing problems.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2014
  5. Michael Apple

Michael Apple Overrun With Chickens

Mar 6, 2008
    Northern California
    Also, puppies9099, you might consider the diet. Cats not drinking enough or eating a good diet can become dehydrated causing constipation. I've seen this with older cats only fed dry food/kibble. Maybe a blood panel from the vet will reveal any problems that may exist, i.e. liver enzymes, kidney function, etc.

6. puppies9099

puppies9099 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 17, 2013
    Classified
    ok thank u I squeezed her anal glands and just a little bit came out and shes better thanks

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by