Cat killed one of my hens last night! GRR!

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Fluffy Feather Farm
12 Years
Jan 26, 2010
Texas, Panhandle
I went out to go check on the chickens this morning and I found a chicken head right by the door and blood all over the door! It was one of my hens, too! GRRRRRR! I wonna strangle that stupid, dump cat so bad!! All the chickens ( Half Grown ) go to sleep right by the door and I guess one stuck his head out when it was asleep and got eaten. SO MAD! Why can't they go roost like they're suppost to???
UGH, so annoying! So now I'm trying to figure out how to fix the problem. I don't want that to happen again! This is what I'm going to do to the cat: Throw his head agenst the wall - - >
he.gif
and then jump on him! - - - >
rant.gif
and breathe fire on him! - - - >
somad.gif
and spit on him, too! - - - >
tongue.gif

Sorry just had to rant for a second - I'm done -
barnie.gif
( Kinda )

Yep - Sure is! The bad, horibble thing is that I have all my favorite chickens in that coop!
th.gif

I'm kinda starting to thing that is was a skunk? Cause me & my mom kinda smelt skunk. What eats the body and leaves the head behind?

Quote:
I don't - starting to think it might be a skunk, I kinda smelt skunk. We have two wild, I mean Wild cats and they have killed chickens in the past. I've seen them ontop of the chicken coop during the night, and I've seen them in the rooms of the barn before trying to sneak up on my broodies!
barnie.gif
Why do we have cats again?
idunno.gif

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

Yep - Sure is! The bad, horibble thing is that I have all my favorite chickens in that coop!
th.gif

I'm kinda starting to thing that is was a skunk? Cause me & my mom kinda smelt skunk. What eats the body and leaves the head behind?

There are a number of predators that will, but yes, skunk is on that list. You need to have a fine enough mesh to the wire that the birds cannot stick their heads out. Line the bottom couple of feel with small-opening wire or plywood.

Cats are unlikely to eat chickens unless starving, and then mainly the body. My cats are scared of, or perhaps I should say, have a healthy respect for, my chickens.​

My cats leave the birds alone, but they were interested in them when there were babies, but the hen took care of that issue. Any cats that are not mine (feral ones) become target practice for me and my .22 rifle.

Quote:
There are a number of predators that will, but yes, skunk is on that list. You need to have a fine enough mesh to the wire that the birds cannot stick their heads out. Line the bottom couple of feel with small-opening wire or plywood.

Cats are unlikely to eat chickens unless starving, and then mainly the body. My cats are scared of, or perhaps I should say, have a healthy respect for, my chickens.

Our cats are starving ...
You see my problem is that all my 3 - 4 month old chickens huddle up right by the door at night and that's how they go to sleep! They have a roost and everything, but don't use it. I put some grown chickens in there to hopefully teach them how to roost - but so far they haven't caught on.
We're going to set the trap tonight by the pen. If we don't caught anything then we'll set it up by the house and try to catch the cats the "Boom Boom" Bye Bye Kitty Cats!

I'm so sorry u have suffered a loss of a beloved pet.
hugs.gif

sometimes i just wanna do this to predators
smack.gif
rant.gif
Last year in later august/ early september, I lost my beloved buttercup rooster, racecar. We found a pile of feathers, and that was it!
somad.gif
somad.gif
somad.gif
somad.gif
somad.gif
And I keep looking out for my baby girl, penny. (The chicken in my avatar)

And yes, maybe a trap? or put a few too many sleeping pills crushed up in some food tonight?

Back
Top Bottom