1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Cat question!!!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by SarahF, Jan 27, 2009.

1. SarahF

SarahF Chillin' With My Peeps

My MIL has two outside (male) cats and she just had them neutered/spayed last Wednesday. The one cat had a tooth pulled out and is on antibiotics.

Neither of them will eat or drink. She has tried mushy food, hard food, and people food.

After a couple of days inside the garage, she has let them roam outside during the day. They are put back into the barn at night.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, as they are looking visibly skinnier and we are concerned.

Thanks!!!

SarahF

2. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    If they still aren't eating and it's been almost a week, they need to be taken back to the vet.

3. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Quote:ASAP

4. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    yup..they need to go back to the vet....mine have always eaten by at LEAST the very next day.. .somethings off with them...and i dont think the vet should charge you...as it IS a follow-up visit FROM the surgery they did...good luck, Wendy

5. Farmer Kitty

Farmer Kitty Flock Mistress

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    I agree, back to the vet.

6. snugglepup

snugglepup Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2007
    Creedmoor, NC
    Agreed. If they truly aren't eating a week later, they need to get to the vet quickly.

7. CochinLover

CochinLover Out Of The Brooder

Apr 9, 2008
    Oxnard,CA
    Please go to vet. R they drinking at all? If they are try and give them some pedialyte till u get them to vet which should be next day.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by