1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Cat quilt to trade for Black copper marans (1st quilt complete pg 3)ME

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by pw_quiltworks, Jan 27, 2009.

1. pw_quiltworks

pw_quiltworks One Handy Chick

Jan 7, 2009
    Maine
    I am looking for 2 dozen fertile black copper marans eggs or chicks with at least 20 female chicks and 5 roosters from the Wade Jeane line. I don't want any mixture of lines if possible.

I can make the cat quilt smaller if you need it to be smaller or I can make it the size (queen) that it is listed on the ebay listing. That is a finished listing and I am only using it for you to see what the quilt would look like. The quilt is my copyrighted design and it is made by myself from start to finish. I would like to do this trade in April sometime if possible. It will take me a month or so to make the quilt. Here's how is would work. I will ship the quilt insured and I will pay for the shipping. You will send 24 of the eggs above with express mail. I feel this is a fair deal. My quilts do pretty good on ebay. I will guarantee the quality of my work. You can look through my ebay feedback if your worried about my honesty. I can even send pictures by email as I am making the quilt if you would like them.

The cat quilt I am offering has 3360 LITTLE pieces in it. There is no piece that is bigger than 4 inches by 6 1/2 inches. There is 169 blocks with two cats in each block. Finally when the top is done it goes on the gammill for 56 rows of stippling. That might not sound like a lot but trust me it is. I am just finishing it. Should be ready on Monday if not sooner I only need to put the finish binding. That takes me a couple of days because I am real slow at it.

Priscilla

My selling account on ebay

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2009
  2. kbbeale

kbbeale Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 26, 2007
    Adkins, Tx
    Goodness!!! I personally feel that quilt is worth WAY more than 24 eggs. Absolutely GORGEOUS. Don't sell yourself short.

3. pw_quiltworks

pw_quiltworks One Handy Chick

Jan 7, 2009
    Maine
    For me it would be fair. Thanks for the compliments. I have seen what those eggs sell for one eggbid and ebay. It's better for me to trade then to sell because of the added income. If I don't sell them I don't have to declare income tax with trading or pay the high price of ebay and paypal. Seems a good deal to me. [​IMG]

4. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    That is gorgeous. I bet you could sell those things right here, really pretty.

5. Pumpkinpup

Pumpkinpup Poultry Princess

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    When in april would you like the eggs? I will trade with you.
    I have C-1 pure Wade Jeane birds.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2009
  6. Pumpkinpup

Pumpkinpup Poultry Princess

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    Here are pics of eggs and birds.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Your quilt is lovely!

7. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Well, this is the first time I wished I had BC's instead of my wheatens and cuckoos. I love your quilt!!

8. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    TAKE THE WHEATONS !!!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] they are prettier then the BC's anyway!!!!!

9. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    I sent you a pm. Thanks.

10. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Quote:LOL I agree Henry!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by