Cat TV

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by corvidae, May 4, 2011.

1. corvidae

corvidae Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2011
    Utah
    I have eggs in lockdown, day 20, in a Reptipro with the wonderful plexi see-through door and internal light so you can watch the little ones hatch. One of them hatched tonight and suddenly, after 20 days, the cats have figured out that I obviously have set up fine dining arrangements for them. Accordingly, they are lining up in front of the Reptipro to view the dining selections. With the pleasant glow of the internal light on their furry faces, they look like they are watching TV. What a shame for them that they lack opposable thumbs and can't for the life of them figure out how to actually GET to their dinner. It must be terribly frustrating, poor little babies!

For the chick's part, it hasn't even noticed the cats. Cats being cats, that likely offends them to their very whiskers...

2. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    My cats hang out by my incubator at all times when they hear the peeps [​IMG] Funny cats! Sometimes you wonder what they could possibly be thinking...if only we could understand kitty cat [​IMG]

3. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

[​IMG]

That's truly funny. I'm going through the same thing with an brooder buffet.

Imp

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by