Cat urine smell help

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by ben is a terror, Jun 28, 2011.

1. ben is a terror

ben is a terror Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2011
    LBI,NJ & JIM THORPE,PA
    My 12yr. old cat has been treated for an infection. She was peeing blood all over. We are still treating her ultra sound on Thurs. She is still peeing all over. We have hard wood floors. I can't get the smell out. Tried Natures Mir. and almost everything else, bleach, disinfectant etc. We put out extra litter pans. Her favorite spot is my daughters room I can't lock her out. this is her room. She is my daughters cat. She can't sleep without her kitty. We don't have air so it's horrible. I don't want to have anyone over because of the smell.
    HELP

2. welasharon

welasharon Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2010
    North Florida
    I have cats in the house. I use vinegar to neutralize the pee and remove the odor.
    sharon

3. aubreynoramarie

aubreynoramarie designated lawn flamingo

May 27, 2010
    Reno, Nevada
    Yep vinegar. Also try litter boxes all over the house. My cat had a BAD urinary tract infection that lasted a month and when he was peeing blood he couldn't make it to te litterbox upstairs. So we put about five more litter boxes all over the house and it really helped better than anything else. It seems he didn't WANT to pee everywhere, he was just in too much pain to make it upstairs to his box. Sometimes he would even pee right next to the box. But honestly it worked wonders. Just try it!

4. ben is a terror

Apr 9, 2011
    LBI,NJ & JIM THORPE,PA
    Peeing in front of the box sounds just like poor Athena. Vinegar on hardwood floors? Does it matter what kind? Full strength? Poor kitty has this several times a year any suggestions to help her. Right now antibiotics and cortisone shots and daily butt baths.

5. aubreynoramarie

May 27, 2010
    Reno, Nevada
    All I know is that if it's a urinary infection feeding your cat wet food will help. Don't know why, never asked, I've just always heard that and I now use it on my cat since his infection was so bad.

You should be able to use any kind if vinegar. It SHOULD help clean and get rid of the overall smell. When I move into a new house I scrub all floors and walls with it to get out any other cat odors so that mine won't mark.

Hope you get it sorted out and that your kitty is okay

6. ll

ll Chillin' With My Peeps

Try vinegar mixed with baking soda - it foams up a little, so don't be alarmed.

7. ben is a terror

Apr 9, 2011
    LBI,NJ & JIM THORPE,PA
    Thanks so much off to the store tomorrow for BIG bottle Wet food only she is sooooo fat

8. welasharon

welasharon Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2010
    North Florida
    I think it is wet medicated food...specially formulated for urinary issues that you get from the vet...not regular cat food.
    sharon

9. ben is a terror

Apr 9, 2011
    LBI,NJ & JIM THORPE,PA
    seeing vet on Thurs. Athena just jumped on my chest ppppppppppppppppuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu. Time for a butt bath

10. aubreynoramarie

May 27, 2010
    Reno, Nevada
    Quote:http://www.acreaturecomfort.com/cathealth.htm

This article explains that wet food is a good essential treat to give a cat because an all grain dry food diet is detrimental to it's kidney and urinary tract health. Doesn't have to be medicated but it helps kitty if given on a regular basis.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by