Cat Vs. Cat Round 1!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Chicken_Lover4567, Sep 10, 2008.

1. Chicken_Lover4567

Chicken_Lover4567 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2008
    Central Texas
    Ok. Some of you might remember me posting about my little brothers adopted cat. If not, it is a little gray kitten with a funny eye who sleeps outside. Nuf said. I also have an indoorish FULL grown cat, who is more of an outside cat. We have a see through front door, and every single time she walks by it, the gray kitty (Knight) is there. She begins hissing and spitting at him, arching her back until she can't anymore. He wants to play, and she REALLY wants to go outside. I know it's a cat thing, and I can't force them to get along, but is there ANYTHING I can do?

Cassandra

2. Year of the Rooster

Year of the Rooster Sebright Savvy

Jun 27, 2008
    West Central Ohio
    My best advice would be to just let them get used to each other's presence(sp?). Once they have become familiar with each other then they will approach each other. It's only a matter of time. Sorry I couldn't be more detailed. Hopefully someone else can chime in and help you. [​IMG]

3. Chicken_Lover4567

Chicken_Lover4567 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2008
    Central Texas
    I figured that solution would work itself out, I was just wondering if maybe I could show Hunny (older cat) that Knight isn't a threat.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by